PDA

View Full Version : Interested in some EVO breaks

Pages : [1] 2 3

X Factor
10-31-2007, 07:51 AM
I am interested in possibly picking up some EVO breaks... good condition!

Kracka
10-31-2007, 08:12 AM
I will clarify for Tim:
He is looking for some Evo 8/9 stock brakes, front and rear, including all mounting hardware, calipers, lines, and possibly rotors and pads if they are in usable condition.

Tim, you're going to have a harder time finding a rear set since a lot of the time people only replace the fronts. EvoMN and EvolutionM would also be great sites to check.

X Factor
10-31-2007, 08:50 AM
Woot. Thanks mang. Yeah i'm registered on both of those sites I think, I just figured i'd post here right away cause i'm at least somewhat familiar with the crowd. :sex2:

SEX!

Oh also, from our conversation last night, I talked to another guy this morning/later last night about it a little and he has same wheel size as me with 35mm offset and he's putting his in soon, and he's confident that his will fit fine. Also, the rear does require a LITTLE bit of tweaking to make it fit in the rear, and front is direct bolt on, the guy who did them said a washer is perfect for the rear to fit, and you have to bend the dust shield just a bit also in the rear.

Apparently they make a pretty big difference also, according to the 1 guy that I know that has them done, heh. Also I for sure need EVO rotors, so if I can find some in good condition i'll need to buy some.

Thanks for the help Chris!

Goat Blower
10-31-2007, 09:28 AM
Apparently it's not a hard conversion for the 00+ Eclipses, I wish it was a little easier for 1G's, I've been looking into to doing it myself. Should make a huge difference since the new Eclipses come with really small BRAKES.

Matt D.
10-31-2007, 09:28 AM
Have fun paying for Evo rotors and pads. ;)

TkrPerformance
10-31-2007, 10:27 AM
here you go
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lancer-EVOLUTION-8-BREMBO-FRONT-REAR-Calipers-EVO8_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33563QQihZ014QQite mZ330181767916QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

X Factor
10-31-2007, 02:04 PM
Are those in pretty good condition? They look dirty but I mean other than that for having 42k miles would they still be good if I had new pads?

Kracka
10-31-2007, 02:28 PM
Calipers should be just fine after 42k miles. Its common for the '03 caliper paint to fade like that so you'll just need to toss a new coat of caliper paint on (if you care how they look).

A//// Guy
10-31-2007, 02:31 PM
I assume hes just getting them for the Looks factor? Unless he plans to auto cross the car or what not.. but then buying nicer tires and suspension would come first I think.

X Factor
10-31-2007, 03:27 PM
Yeah it's like 50/50. I don't plan on auto x ever (with this car), but function of better breaks is a plus for me and it seems like something that would be fun and cool to do to the car.

There is basically a limited after market for my car and i'm looking for fun things to do. So far i've done intake, headers, exhaust, and coilovers. (big thanks to the guys that helped with the i/h/e!! <3) and other than getting a tune there isn't much else to be done yet with the 4G GT.