PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Newer laptop with wireless, etc.

Pages : [1] 2

Goat Blower
10-01-2007, 06:12 PM
Looking for a little something fancier for my new DSMlink. I also want to set up a wireless network at home and at work so I can sit on the couch and surf. Let me know what you've got.

steve

MATCHBX
10-02-2007, 06:00 AM
Hey Steve,

I have a friend over at Cadan Computers that can set you up really good. They are always getting laptops in from companies that they do upgrades for. They then wipeout the hard-drives and put windows XP on them and test them to make sure everything works. They are a smaller company that can do good deals on stuff. One of their largest accounts is Alleons (not sure of the spelling). They are a large insurance company if I remember correctly.

PM me if you're interested and I'll get you my buddies number over there. I'll make sure he gets you a good deal.

Erik D

Halon
10-02-2007, 07:13 AM
Steve, I have a really nice Sony Vaio that would work perfect for you. It's grey, comes with a little stand, it may even look kind of familiar to you ;)

Matt D.
10-02-2007, 07:26 AM
One of their largest accounts is Alleons (not sure of the spelling). They are a large insurance company if I remember correctly.
Alianz

MATCHBX
10-02-2007, 11:51 AM
Thanks Matt.

scheides
10-02-2007, 03:38 PM
Just grab a $450 Compaq special at best buy, I've got some 10% off coupons for the 5-8th if you're interested.

Kracka
10-02-2007, 03:49 PM
I got a $450 (after MIR's) Compaq at Circuit City back in July that came with a bunch of free stuff (printer, router, case, software, etc.) and I like it a lot. Its plenty for everything I do.

Speedfreak
10-02-2007, 06:24 PM
We bought two Compaq's at Best Buy a couple months ago for $350 each. It was a steal and they work great. Just have to watch the ads for the deal, they happen fairly often.

We also bought a Toshiba a couple years ago at Best Buy for $450, same type of offer, and a great deal.

Goat Blower
10-02-2007, 06:45 PM
It looks like I'm getting one from another DSM'r, not sure if he's on here. Trading for a bunch of speed parts I've got. Sounds like a decent deal for both of us. If this falls through, I'll hit some of you up. Thanks.

Onefast99gsx
10-03-2007, 09:05 PM
The only problem with buying a new one is that many of the new models don't come with 9 pin serial ports. All USB. I just bought a laptop from Best Buy a month ago. I still have my older laptop for the car. Lately I've just being using my PDA with dsmlink loaded on it. Works just as good as the laptop version.

Steve, did you dump the AEM or what? When I saw you race last year at the Rock, you were working on figuring out the AEM box unless I'm just dreaming this up.