PDA

View Full Version : adding a turbo

kennydawgg
09-27-2007, 11:58 PM
if you add a turbo and fail to mention it to your agent does this void your policy?

Scrmegl
09-29-2007, 11:19 AM
Unless you are at an extreme power to weight ratio with my company it does not really matter much.

Project2G
10-07-2007, 02:45 PM
Unless you are at an extreme power to weight ratio with my company it does not really matter much.
There was a price difference for me going from a 95 eclipse rs to insuring my 97 eclipse gst.

Scrmegl
10-10-2007, 01:40 PM
That was a vehicle change though. Since the VIN is not changed by adding a turbo and it is not a verified item for me the cars rating symbols would stay the same. Also there are safety discounts if one vehicle has 4 wheel disc ABS compared to 2 wheel etc...

Goat Blower
10-10-2007, 02:18 PM
No, unless the underwriter is a car guy, they'll never know, or probably even care. Keeping it stock looking sure wouldn't hurt though.

TkrPerformance
10-12-2007, 10:33 AM
the talon is still and non turbo car,the spyder is still a fwd auto 2.4, and the evo is still a fwd auto 1.5 mirage. They are still under the factory specs for the ins.
Just non of it will be covered if they got totaled out

mitsu'97
10-27-2007, 05:18 PM
I was told by my agent that as long as you have a recipt and that you have a pic of it in your car that it will be covered under insurance and because you buy a car you dont have to tell them what you did to it and they normally wont ask but if you do get into an accident just show them proof that it was in the car and they will repay it or at least thats what state farm does.

Scrmegl
10-28-2007, 12:24 AM
If it is "bolted" to the car working as a needed component it will be covered. Sub boxes and such would not be (without an additional rider). An exhaust manifold would be or different wheels. [I am a Farmers Insurance Agent. That is what the underwriters tell me.]