PDA

View Full Version : HELP! WTBorrow: Engine Hoist

Pages : [1] 2

scheides
09-27-2007, 11:03 PM
Looking to borrow a nice cherry picker. The motor in my bro's 1G finally let go at ~190k miles so its coming out for a freshening up. We're on a tight budget so we're yanking it ourselves. Wondering if anyone has a engine hoist I could borrow for either a few weeks, or two separate evenings (one to remove, one to reinstall). Willing to pay cash, and I can get a truck to pick it up/bring it back in if need be too.

We're doing the job outside, on gravel, so if anyone has anything that would lend itself to be more useful to that type of a job, please let me know.

Thx in advance guys!

Halon
09-27-2007, 11:12 PM
If you need a cherry picker, I have one at my house. Just give Derek a ring since I'm not home. We won't be using it for awhile I'm sure. If you don't have his number, hit me up on PM or give me a call and I can give it to you.

scheides
09-27-2007, 11:28 PM
I heart you man! I will def take you up on that offer. Will it fit in the trunk of the evo, or do I need to get a truck?

AJ
09-27-2007, 11:33 PM
I heart you man!

Sorry, that's just so cute on so many levels.

Halon
09-27-2007, 11:53 PM
This is the one I have, except I don't have the load leveler, just a big chain.

http://www.tonsoftools.com/images/144847_lg.gif

I would not recommend trying to cram it into an evo. Definately going to want a truck. The legs fold up, which helps make it more compact, but I don't think compact enough to fit in your trunk.

Halon
09-27-2007, 11:54 PM
Sorry, that's just so cute on so many levels.

Don't hate the player, hate the game ;)

95talonracer
09-28-2007, 12:50 AM
I found that using the leveler helped alot and would strongly reccomend one for the removal of your motor. I have a hoist and a leveler and the leveler helps with pulling the engine and tranny at the same time. I have onethat will be atmyh ouse in a few days, let me know of you neeed it. I just got back from tyhe bar, no workj tomorrow and man do i feel good. Let me know if the hoist is needed or the level kit. Good luck.

scheides
09-28-2007, 10:18 AM
Brandon does yours have a leveler, or should I hit up the drunken poster here for his? :)

scheides
09-28-2007, 10:29 AM
Oops missed your post about the leveler. 95talonracer I'd love to borrow it, PM me your phone number and address, I'll call you next week to find a time to come get it if that's cool!

blageo23
09-28-2007, 11:14 AM
Are you just swapin engine or are you rebuilding? I have a stand if you need it and also a hoist but looks like u got that coverd.