PDA

View Full Version : how much would it cost for a engine rebuild?

fievel
10-22-2003, 12:55 AM
my engine has over 150k on the clock and i have been known to burn oil and i hear what i have been told to be a valve tick. so i was thinking about getting it rebuilt. i would do it myself but i have no idea what im doing. so unless it would be much cheaper that way i would rather have someone else do it. any ideas on cost?

edited to add dancing banana :banana:

Jakey
10-22-2003, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by fievel@Oct 21 2003, 11:55 PM
my engine has over 150k on the clock and i have been known to burn oil and i hear what i have been told to be a valve tick. so i was thinking about getting it rebuilt. i would do it myself but i have no idea what im doing. so unless it would be much cheaper that way i would rather have someone else do it. any ideas on cost?

edited to add dancing banana :banana:
Are you looking at rebuilding it with stock components or aftermarket?

Kracka
10-22-2003, 11:57 AM
As far as labor goes, Rick Shindley will pull and engine, rebuild it, and put it back in for $1000. So just add your parts to that.

fievel
10-22-2003, 12:14 PM
to jakey: i dont know if i would want stock or after market. i dont want to build some sort of monster with this car (well i dont have the money) i just love the car. so mostly stock with some after market? im not sure what would cost what.

so it would be like $1600 if rick shindley did it?

Jakey
10-22-2003, 01:11 PM
If you go the stock route I would definitely give this place in Winona a call to get a price quote: http://www.theenginestore.com/