PDA

View Full Version : Project 01' Galant Es V6

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Minnesoshan
08-07-2007, 09:49 PM
Alright, as of right now i started to mod it out, only did very little exterior work and my interior is almost complete, what I've done is, mirrior tint, new exhaust, altezza tail lights, and the interior i have a kenwood excelron dvd/cd/gps 7in screen, 2x5in screens in each headrest, reverse glow gauges, I took out the glovebox and put a playstation2 there with a custom cover so it looks like the car came with the ps2 instead of a glovebox, its the es model so leather seats, power everything, in the trunk i have 2x12 sony's with a JL 1000/1 amp, gonna get rid of those shitty subs and looking to put 2x13w7 JL's with a fosgate compacitor. havent done anything to the engine yet but i have a CAI and a strut bar thats waiting to get installed
what I still want to do, is eventually put a turbo in, not many galants have boost and im shopping around right now and figured i could do it for about 6k
also my rear bumper has a dent in it from a hit and run when i was in the bar, so i was thinking about a body kit, might be cheaper than a stock bumper, but i dont want to make it too ricey, when and if i do that im gonna paint it the same color i like the color, first thing im gonna do is put on a set of rims and slam it. im just gonna get a whole new suspension with lowering springs. oh and if i do the turbo im going to have to upgrade the engine internals and my fuelmanagement. I'm in afgahnistan right now and I dont get to spend alot of money on stuff so im saving like crazy and when i get out next spring i should have the money to do all this at once. I'll keep you updated

123abc
08-07-2007, 11:22 PM
What I would do if I were you is see how much the parts are to convert your galant to a vr4 model. I don't know much about em, but would know it'd be damn sweet.

Don't put a body kit on it. Just spend the extra cash and get a factory bumper.

Super Bleeder!!
08-08-2007, 01:38 AM
You have bad ideas. If you want to add a bunch of bling shit, stick with what you have. If you want to turbo something pick a better platform.

Minnesoshan
08-08-2007, 12:28 PM
a better platform? are you kidding, okay what do you suggest?

NOT THE BLUE LAMPSHADE
08-08-2007, 01:13 PM
Fuck YEA!!! TwinTurbo V6 AWD Japanese Galant VR4 conversion!!! OH PURE SEX! :banana: I don't know of any of those in the states, let alone the mid-west.

Body Kits = :crapper: So go with the factory bumper there.

Plus, all those electronics you got are gonna weigh you're car down like fuckin' mad with all that leather in there. Not to mention the tranny prolly can't handle much more that it's takin' with the stock engine. You think it'll be 6K, prolly closer to 10k if you want a built reliable setup. Maybe that's too high, I'm just estimating off the top of my head here.

A better platform would be to take, say a $3000 DSM, and dump the rest of the $12000 you'll have left over into that. Then you'll have a dank baller ass fast car, and you have WAYYYYYYYYY more options for parts and other aftermarket stuff too.

Kracka
08-08-2007, 01:26 PM
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Sounds like you have a lot of money already in to the car, but on this board at least people aren't real impressed with riced Galants. Its your car though, if you're happy with it then great, thats what matters. Turboing it would be an interesting project, but I'm with the others who say a different platform would be a good idea if you want to make big power on a reasonable budget.

Was there such a thing as a twin turbo V6 Galant in Japan?

NOT THE BLUE LAMPSHADE
08-08-2007, 01:31 PM
ROFL COPTER!!!

We need a smiley for that one.

123abc
08-08-2007, 02:37 PM
Yeah dude, the VR4 galants over in japan had 2.5L Twin turbo v6's and AWD.

There's nothing wrong with cars like galants if you make em fast. It'd be one fuckin sick daily driver. Fast Luxury cars will always be cool. :)

The motors from the vr4 galants on ebay are around 2k for engine and tranny. Not too bad considering the price of a 3kgt motor. I would love to do something like that on my Avenger, since they share the same block I think.

Here's the 5 door wagon verson, with a 5 speed tiptronic auto tranny, awd, and 2.5l tt v6.

http://www.mendipnet.co.uk/plevcomplete/w674fon.jpg

http://www.junauto.co.jp/news/pictures/vr4.jpg

http://www.fantasycars.com/gallery/Cars/Mitsubishi/1999%20Galant%20VR-4/mitsubishi_galant_vr4_19991.jpg

http://www.fantasycars.com/gallery/Cars/Mitsubishi/1999%20Galant%20VR-4/mitsubishi_galant_vr4_19992.jpg

Minnesoshan
08-08-2007, 03:02 PM
you know i never thought about swapping motors, thanks guys, however now i have to weigh the pros and cons now i have a deliemma, do i stick with my original plan and go with a turbo and internals upgrade on the 3.0L V6 wich i already have wich i figure will cost about 6 or 7k or swap the motor and tranny for the 2.5Ltt? if i did swap am i going to have to swap out the drive train for the awd? how much would something like that even cost? can i just swap the motor and keep my tranny? you know if i did this i could sell my 3.0 and make some cash of that so the cost factor wont be too terribly bad. or you know should i just trade in my current galant for the JDM? now i cant make up my mind help!!

A//// Guy
08-08-2007, 03:03 PM
Trade the galant in for a used evo and be done.