PDA

View Full Version : My first offical race was today

Pages : [1] 2 3

MitsuChick
08-05-2007, 10:20 PM
I went autocross racing for the very first time today, and it was so much fun. Although it was not drag racing (which I know is a favorite for most of the people on here) it was still a lot of fun. Last night my dad decided he wanted me to go autocross racing so he made me do it today, and I am glad. He used to be very into autocross and road course racing, but sold his last Trans Am about 15 or 20 years ago and has not raced since.

So this morning my dad took the C6 Corvette and I took the very dirty eclipse and we went down to Midway Stadium where there was a race today. At first I was very intimidated because to me it looked like someone just through orange cones every which way in the parking lot and that there was no specific track. But after walking it a few times and watching about 80 cars go 4 laps each before my class was up, I felt like I just may be ready.

My first run was so much fun! Although it was not all that great, I didn’t DNF or tip over any cones so I thought it was a success. By the end of the day, after running 9 times, I shaved my time down by 7 seconds and ended with a 30.70 sec time (the fastest time of all the classes was a 25.08, at least that I saw, but it was still good for my first time and others were even slower). I was very surprised the DSM did not break considering I found it was fastest to just beat on it and stay in first gear and let my car rev up as high as it will let me.

Over all I had a lot of fun today. I still really want to try drag racing, but my car has a bit to go before it is ready for the strip. It was fun watching the Evos and STis and WRXs take the course as well. Some time I hope to take the eclipse out on a road course.

Maybe BIR someday for the road course and drag strip!?

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k288/bubbles9159/IMG_0954res.jpg

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k288/bubbles9159/IMG_09562res.jpg

(Sorry about the bad, blurry pictures)

AJ
08-05-2007, 10:26 PM
Nice! Congrats on getting out there!

Swifty1638
08-05-2007, 10:50 PM
Wish I could have made it. You'll be happy to know that I was autocrossing in the highway though, but no cones. Just cars;) IA sucks.

-A. Swift

dragonforce
08-05-2007, 11:23 PM
That looks really fun.

turbotalon1g
08-06-2007, 12:29 AM
Looks bomb, i want to do this as soon as i start working again.
Leaving it in first gear sounds scary and a lot like sweet burnouts!

scheides
08-06-2007, 02:48 AM
nice work! Like the pics, looks like it was a good day for ya!

Jana
08-06-2007, 08:24 AM
Congrats! I think it's awesome that you went out & did it. :D

Halon
08-06-2007, 08:53 AM
Nice. Good job on getting out and doing it. A little something other then the typical 1/4 mile, that's awesome!!

FattyBoomBatty
08-06-2007, 07:54 PM
Looks bomb, i want to do this as soon as i start working again.
Leaving it in first gear sounds scary and a lot like sweet burnouts!

Burnouts are always sweet.

niterydr
08-06-2007, 09:11 PM
HAHA swifty's girlfriend beat him to the real track!

Good job! Auto-x is fun.