PDA

View Full Version : Broken suspension part?

asshanson
07-10-2007, 12:21 AM
I was driving home from Maple Grove tonight, and there is construction near the 94 E entrance at 95 St ? onramp. Anyway, the corner came up and I cut it a little inside, but still with at least a few feet of pavement on the edge, and hit the biggest pothole I've ever seen, I thought I got a flat from it at first.

Didn't have any problems with it for awhile, then I dropped Peter off at MAP, and started home. While going 10mph or so around a bumpy corner, I hear a really loud rattle sound, like something was unlatched really bad or broken off, coming from the rear passenger side wheel area. Doesn't make the sound so much at high speeds, just lower speeds, it got really bad in downtown again too. It's driveable though.

Any ideas what could have broken? I don't have much ability here in my parking lot to take a look at it, it'll be hard to see what's broken unless I'm looking for it.

Thanks,
Andrew

Kracka
07-10-2007, 06:36 AM
Tough to say, I'd just bring it to a shop that gives free alignment checks and see what they find.

A//// Guy
07-10-2007, 09:04 AM
Yea it could be a few things, possibly a broken spring. Have to take it in or jack it up to see what happened. That pothole was huge, if anything is broken Id call up maple grove and complain about that frickin pothole.

Hoffer00
07-10-2007, 10:09 PM
Hey, make sure that you go take pics of the pot hole. Call the city to find out the contractors then shot them a line.

About two years ago on Shingle Creek and 694. The construction company left man holes sticking out of the ground about two - three inches. It sliced the side wall of one of my tires on them. I was pay for the tires. $225

It is worth a try.

Kevin 1G Drummer
07-10-2007, 11:41 PM
Could be a sway bar end link, could have broken one of the mounts for the lower control arm, could have messed up something in the strut. There's alot of different things it could be.

A//// Guy
07-11-2007, 10:02 AM
Found out its the strut mount that attaches to the body that busted off. Hopefully fixed tonight.

asshanson
07-11-2007, 11:05 AM
Yea the rear strut just busted up through the mounting plate. Glad it didn't come up through the rear glass, it got caught on the side of the hole and stayed there. $27 part from the auto store.

Maple Grove will hear about it.