PDA

View Full Version : Shrep Memory Poker Tournament

Pages : [1] 2

niterydr
06-12-2007, 12:11 PM
I would like to organize a charity poker game in memory of Justin "Shrep" Schroepfer.

This will be an open invite tournament Texas Hold-em style game. We will be following the "old house" rules that were established with Justin and my old poker tourney's.

Cut and paste from the poker forums for rules:

__________________________________________________ ______________
Poker Elite Tournament Rules
(Updated 1/13/06)

The following rules apply specifically to Poker Elite tournament games. These are a supplement to the Definitive Rules of Poker and the General House Rules.

The Host acts as Tournament Manager, and therefore reserves the right to change or interpret any rule for the fairness of the game and fairness for the most number of players. This is in spirit of ‘The Greatest Good for the Greatest Number’ The Host’s decisions are final!

1. Caro’s Rules apply where applicable

2. If a player has less than the full blind or ante, said player will post all in, and a side pot will be created for that amount of all players blinds/calls/antes (for that betting round). All future action (raises) will be in the amount of a full wager for that betting round, and put in a separate pot. If said player wins the hand, That player wins the money in the initial side pot.

3. Players are always dealt a hand and will be ante/blinded in the pot as required, even if they are not present at the table.

4. No changing seats except when instructed by the Tourney Director.

5. If two or more players are eliminated in prize position, on the same hand, the higher prize will be awarded to whoever had the most chips at the beginning of the hand.

6. Blinds/Antes count as part of the player’s stack for count purposes.

7. Verbal and/or Physical action in or out of turn is binding. (See: Check/Call/Raise in-the-dark)

8. All players must leave their chips and cards on the table and in open view of the whole table to see at all times.

9. Players must be seated and/or have physical control of their cards in order to act on their hand, or call TIME. Failure to do so will cause their hand to be declared dead.

10. Any player who is disqualified from the tournament will not receive a refund for his buy-in.

11. Amended

12. Amended

13. Side pots: Each side pot will be split as a separate pot. They will not be mixed together before they are split.

14. Calling for the clock procedures: Once a reasonable amount of time has passed and a CLOCK is placed on a player, that player has 60 sec. to make a decision, when the 60 secs are over, the player will be counted down 10 seconds. If the player still has not acted, player hand will be called DEAD, and mucked.

14b. Any player may request that a clock be placed on a player at any time. Tournament staff will have the decision.

15. Repeated delays by the same player may incur a 10 minute penalty or asked to leave the table. Player will sit out for 10 minutes. The player will ‘post and fold’ if a penalty is invoked.

16. Penalties: A penalty may be invoked for: cards going off the table (direct result of the player), soft play with friends or relatives, disruptive behavior, verbal abuse to other players, dealer, house, etc. The house floor person /Tournament Director will determine what is an appropriate penalty.

17. Players must be at the table to call time. In flop games, the big blind’s hand will be dead if he is not there to act on it before the flop.

18. The minimum raise is the previous bet or raise.

19. All cards will be turned face up once a player is all-in and there is no possible further betting action. Players should ONLY turn their cards up when told to do so by the Dealer.

20. One Chip Rule. If the player places oversized chip without announcing a raise, it will be considered a call, any amount over the amount needed to call, is considered a pot contribution. If the oversized chip is the first action, it will be considered the bet.

20b. Players must announce their intention (raise/call) verbaly.

21. One player to a hand, no exposing your cards to anyone outside the game or to fellow players.

22. At the beginning of a tourney event a high card draw for the dealer button will decide who gets the button. If two players draw the same high card rank, the tie is broken by suits: For these purposes only, suits are ranked alphabetically, from lowest to highest (Clubs, Diamonds, Hearts, Spades, with Spades being the highest.) A player drawing the Ace of spades is automatically awarded the button.)

23. Tourney, Sit ‘n Go or Satellite seats will be determined randomly.

24. A player that needs to use a cell phone should step away from the table.

25. When time has elapsed for a round and a new round is announced, the new limits apply to the next hand. A hand has begun when both blinds have been posted.

26. Players must keep their highest denomination of chips visible at all times.

29. Verbal declarations of a player’s hand are NOT binding and not always advisable; however at the house’s discretion.

27. No chips may leave the table EVER. Any player caught with chips not on the table will be disqualified. Exception: When a player is asked to reseat by the tournament director, he shall take his chips with him, using chip racks if necessary, no pockets please!

28. Dealer cannot kill a winning hand that was face up and was obviously the winning hand.

29. Verbal declarations in turn are binding. Action out of turn may be binding.

30. The house reserves the right to cancel or alter any event, at its sole discretion, in the best interest of the players and the house.

31. Players, whether in the hand or not, may not discuss the hand or action until all action is complete. Players are obligated to protect the other players in the tournament at all times. Discussing cards discarded or hand possibilities are not allowed. A penalty may be issued to players trying to influence the actions of another with verbal declarations or actions.

32. A player who exposes their cards during the play will expose their cards to all players at the table.

33. String bets are not allowed. All bets or raises are either made in one motion or the player states his intention to raise and amount. If you state the amount you may make more than one motion. You may ‘count’ your chips in front of you, and move them in play when ready.

34. Sunglasses and hats are permitted.

35. During a Chip Race, chips will be colored up to the next denomination. Tournament staff will determine the method of handling smaller chips that are left over, in the interest of fair play for all.

36. Poker Elite Tournaments will utilize the "Dead Blind" system. See Staff for explanation.

__________________________________________________ _____________

I have access to 1000 clay chips and some good cards. We use to accomodate 20 people with that setup.

Again this is a non-profit game in memory/honor Shrep. All the proceeds will be donated to his family. I am mearly tossing this out there to help round up the "old gang" and hopefully get some new people interested.

Buy in amount, date, and location TBA. I am just trying to get a feeler out there to see how many people we can round up for the cause. Then an appropiate buy in amount will be determined, and a time and location chosen.

-Josh Swanberg
"Assistant Boss Man"
"The Poker Elite Tournament Series"

Pushit2.0
06-12-2007, 01:29 PM
I would like to make this happen also.

~John

JET
06-12-2007, 01:41 PM
I would be game depending on the date.

A//// Guy
06-12-2007, 01:51 PM
Yea Id attend as well depending on the date.

MustGoFaster
06-12-2007, 02:19 PM
I'm in.

turbotalon1g
06-12-2007, 02:35 PM
I'm down, i have a 1000 chip set that could be used also.

AJ
06-12-2007, 02:44 PM
I'd be down, no doubt.

niterydr
06-12-2007, 03:42 PM
UPDATE:

Tourney will be held at the shop, Saturday July 21st, 2007.

Will start at Noon. Please let me know if you can help with chairs, tables, chips, cards, or help ref the game.

It will be an open house, open invite tourney. Please RSVP with me via email, pm, or phone call (call the shop or my cell).
I would like to figure a good head count for the event.

$20 buy-in. Charity takes all, winner to receive a trophy for the event.

Pushit2.0
06-12-2007, 04:07 PM
I might have to work on that day, jk, I am in like flint.

~John

Kracka
06-12-2007, 04:08 PM
Thats my birthday so keep enough money for the strippers later that night!