PDA

View Full Version : who can tell me whats next

gsx&gsxr
05-25-2007, 11:58 PM
I just bought a 2g the car already has some work done to it though like everyone i beleave he started the wrong way here is the Mods list

1997 eclipse GSX,AWD,5spd,2.0 turbo
Exterior, 7/10
White with crome lip primax rims 17", with kumho rubber 90% tread left.
KYB shocks/struts and springs.
Aftermarket headlights with projecters and angle eyes. stock tail lights.

Interior,8/10
smoke gray everything,leather seats,Techtonics race wheel,short shifter.
carpet is good and so is the headliner. Fully loaded,power windows,locks,sunroof. Has A-pillar 3 gauge pod,with AEM wideband o2,Autometer mechanical boost gauge,autometer water temp. It also has a Blitz turbo timer, Pioneer deck, 15"kicker sub with a giant Qlogic box,1000watt BOSS amp.

Engine,
Turbonetics 60-1 T3/T4
Tial 38mm waste gate
Real HKS SSQ BOV
Turbosmart MBC
XS POWER FMIC, custom 2.5in piping aluminum.
Walbro 255 fuel pump
AFPR 1000,
PTE 680cc injectors,
3"in exhaust,
XS POWER tubular header,
MAF-T with 3inch MAS,
3inch intake piping,K&N cone filter
Samco sport radiator hoses,new thermastat,slim cooling fans.
Brand new battery,new terminals.
Timing belt done 20miles ago, brand new everything, pullys,tensoiners belt ect.
NGK spark plug wires,NGK copper plugs.

so let me know what i should do i have limited funds
Plus if anyone has any experiance with the wiring let me know i probly have alot of questions

JET
05-26-2007, 01:03 AM
The only thing I see missing is fuel control. Does it have DSMlink or a SAFC? The injectors are probably a bit small too, but ok for now on pump gas. With that setup I would go with DSMlink, sounds like everything is there for a quick DD!

blageo23
05-26-2007, 11:03 AM
Id agree with jet, maybe some injectors and DSMLink. What kind of wiring do you have questions about. Ive done a bit or wiring in the past.

Swifty1638
05-26-2007, 08:14 PM
Link, and fix anything ghetto.

-A. Swift

gsx&gsxr
05-27-2007, 08:32 AM
speaking of ghetto has anyone ever heard of a C-west hyper voltage regulator??? I called the locale mitsu dealer and a new engine wiring harness was $900 and i just don't want to spend that much wiring in the engine bay is terrible so if anyone nows where i can get wiring harnesses for less let me know I'll post a pick here soon so you can see what i"m dealing with

JET
05-27-2007, 03:19 PM
I would pull the harness out of a junk car or just redo the messed up part yourself. Solder on new wires and use shrink tubing.

crazy_skier
05-28-2007, 02:26 PM
get rid of the xs power turbo manifold, those are very prone to cracking and are cheaply made. I would look for something else, I have a south flordia performance mani for my T3/T4 set up, it's tubular, has an external wg mounting point, and it hasnt cracked even with being a daily driver. I might be selling it soon though for a DNP mani so i'll let you know.

munchgsx
05-28-2007, 05:15 PM
I have a 2G harness laying around somewhere, PM me if you want.

gsx&gsxr
05-29-2007, 06:12 PM
ok i just bought every wire in the car for 100 dollars so im set