PDA

View Full Version : Concealed

Pages : [1] 2 3

unreal808
02-08-2004, 12:23 PM
Any one have a conealed carry permit? and gun? if so what size caliber do you have. I'am thinking about getting a beretta 92F 9mm. and taking the class with in the next two weeks at bill's gun shop in Robinsdale. (I live in north minneapolis)

Enes
02-08-2004, 01:23 PM
whats the process of getting one? i have no need but sometimes you never know it would come in handy to have one..

After the war i've said never to lay my hand on another gun again, but when that need comes i am sure i would be thinking otherwise..

I could of had a carry permit about 4 years ago but i never went for it.. now i am considering it especially after 2 muslim guys got beat up by a few non muslim guys here in minneapolis.. just becausee they were muslim ...

-E

BuildADSM
02-08-2004, 02:29 PM
enes are you muslim or something? JW.

I don't have one but would think it would be cool to get a gun when I get older. I don't think I would want a concealed because I can have a bad temper and I don't want to hurt anyone unless it is for self protection.

JET
02-08-2004, 02:38 PM
I would suggest to get a .40 S&W instead of the 9mm. It packs a little more punch and the bullets are about the same size. The 9mm ammo is a little cheaper though.

2003eclipse
02-08-2004, 08:03 PM
it only takes one bullet to injure someone enough to disable them. if i concealed it would most likely be a .22 caliber. $.03 a bullet yeah small as hell but all bullets are deadly and if you were forced to use it on someone it would most like leave a wound that would disable them not kill them and you wouldnt be in as much trouble.

Just the fact of drawing a gun on someone is enough to stop everything so think about it.
In not every situation is it the cool thing to have the biggest and or the fastest.

JET
02-08-2004, 11:06 PM
You actually get into a lot more trouble by injuring someone that if you kill them. They are still around and they are pissed because they have an extra hole in them. You are going to get your ass sued and they will more than likely get something. What happens if you hit them in the knee and they can't walk good any more?

I am all for concealed carry, but there are going to be some serious complications coming about sometime. If you want your permit get it now!

unreal808
02-08-2004, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by JET@Feb 8 2004, 11:06 PM
You actually get into a lot more trouble by injuring someone that if you kill them.  They are still around and they are pissed because they have an extra hole in them.  You are going to get your ass sued and they will more than likely get something.  What happens if you hit them in the knee and they can't walk good any more?

I am all for concealed carry, but there are going to be some serious complications coming about sometime.  If you want your permit get it now!
If you pull a gun on someone it better be the last step, and you shoot to kill! or you will be paying for that asshole to eat his food out of a tube the rest of your life.( JET is right ) its all part of the class ,to get the right to carry.
I was thinking of the .40 SW but I love the .9mm beretta 92fs with stainless steal its about $670.00. I guess the local cops carry the .40 sw now in minneapolis.

unreal808
02-08-2004, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by BuildADSM@Feb 8 2004, 02:29 PM
enes are you muslim or something? JW.

I don't have one but would think it would be cool to get a gun when I get older. I don't think I would want a concealed because I can have a bad temper and I don't want to hurt anyone unless it is for self protection.
Good call if you know you have a bad temper, than avoiding having a gun is a good idea. :toast:

ACRucrazy
02-08-2004, 11:44 PM
My girl has the permit.
She took a class the other week, i think it was $175. got a 95%.
She will be getting a Walther 9mill.

Suppose now I HAVE to cause she has it huh?

LightningGSX
02-09-2004, 02:52 AM
40 caliber all the way, if you want something small get a .380, it's the same caliber as a 9mm but 2 mm shorter bullets, and they are usually have quite a bit smaller frames than other 9mm's.Don't ever think a .22 is gonna protect you, I was watching one of them Americas Most Wanted type shows, this guy and his wife were taken hostage at gun point.The wife happened to have a .22 revolver in her purse, long story short, the husband emptied all 6 shots into the chest of the criminal(at a range of about 6 feet) and the criminal didn't even fall, luckilly his gun jammed when he went to fire back, or they(husband and wife) would both be dead.I also have a friend that was almost robbed with a .22, he put his hand over the barrel, the bullet just barely broke the skin, the worst of his injuries were powder burns.