PDA

View Full Version : S2kracka - Chris Hughes

Pages : [1] 2

scheides
04-24-2007, 11:17 PM
Excellent buyer. I was on my way up to Brookdale the other day and he goes, 'hey, pick me up an oil filter for my 1G.' So, I added that to my bill-of-sale and headed out. I put the extra filter in the trunk of my Evo and left it there for a few days, and Chris didn't dog me about it or nothin! I thought for sure he'd be all up in my koolade about his phatty oil filter (I got he big gvr4 one, not the puny one) but no, I mentioned to him that I still had it in my trunk and he said he'd get it from me when we met up for lunch.

So we met at the Atlantic Buffet in Bloomington. I decided this would be a good spot--middle of the day, lots of people around, plenty of witnesses in case anything crazy went down with the exchange. I popped my trunk as he pulled up and tossed him the filter. But then, no cash. I totally thought he was gonna scam me out of my $5.

But then sure enough after lunch he slapped $6 down in front of me and kindly said, 'there ya go!' I gave him back the extra $1 and he insisted I take it--what a guy!

tim
04-24-2007, 11:22 PM
I'll tell ya. The man sure knows how to buy a 92 Laser.

Made for a painless sale of a car. Couldnt have been better.

I hope it is working well for ya.

Kracka
04-25-2007, 12:27 AM
My plan was to actually rip off Scheides for the filter, but he out-smarted me, thought ahead, and invited backup to join us for lunch. Not only did I have to pay him back for the filter, I had to pay $7 for my amazingly awesome Mongolian BBQ!

You were great to work with too on the Laser Tim; he even took a personal check from me!

A//// Guy
04-25-2007, 12:41 AM
Well, as much as I would not like to admit it, Chris does go that extra step for his customers. I ounce bought a nice set of Redline fluids and services from him for my old GSX. He even brought it to my house so I didnt have to deal with driving up through the dark alleys of Golden Valley to get it. That was my biggest concern.. that and his parents physco cat that likes to bite people.

Overall I have made several tranactions with Chris Hughes, and I would give him an A for quality and service. A few times he has even bought me a few drinks when we hit the bars, Im always sceptical at first because of the chance he might roofie it, but so far Ive been lucky.

I will continue to make transactions with Chris and report back if anything unusual might happen.

tim
04-25-2007, 01:05 AM
You were great to work with too on the Laser Tim; he even took a personal check from me!

I didnt think twice. I should have mentioned that. It isnt to often you can take a personal check for $2,000 and not have to worry about it.

BTW, the Mongolian bbq is awesome. Went to one for the first time just west of the MOA off 494 just a week or two ago. It was great.

1QUICK4
04-25-2007, 11:18 AM
I purchased a used 20G from Chris a few years ago. Item and condition was exactly as described. He even drove out to QPR to meet me for the sale.

Good guy to deal with.

TkrPerformance
04-25-2007, 12:06 PM
I gave chris a rear 1g calaper for a beer and boneless wings after he drove all the way out to my place to get it

Kracka
04-25-2007, 01:19 PM
I gave chris a rear 1g calaper

Front ;)

xveganxcowboyx
05-15-2007, 07:57 PM
+1 on the good reviews. Easy to do business with.

niterydr
05-15-2007, 08:03 PM
I've always had great transactions with Chris.