PDA

View Full Version : fuel cut

Pages : [1] 2

mxjosh711
10-21-2003, 12:45 PM
i think this is what it is, when im on the floor and the engfine just like locks up right? then backfired often....... how do i prevent this>? i have 95 gst with a manuel boost controller~ thanks josh i run 93 gas if that helps

Kracka
10-21-2003, 12:48 PM
How much boost? How are your plugs and wires? Any CE codes?

mxjosh711
10-21-2003, 10:43 PM
hmm, c i dont know any of that, i cant tell my boost cause i cant hook up the guage, lol and the plugs i should change, ididnth think they realy made a difference.

CVD
10-21-2003, 10:49 PM
so let me get this straight, you have a boost controller but no boost gauge? :idea:

:stupid: :slap:

Jana
10-21-2003, 10:51 PM
I would definately suggest either a) taking your boost controller out or B) getting the boost gauge in asap, or having someone help you.

I'm sure if you ask, someone can help for a small cost, or free. :) Otherwise you have no idea where you boost controller is set....and that's not good.

mxjosh711
10-22-2003, 10:22 AM
lol thanks, should most auto shops be able to install guages? ill turn the controller down alot to save my self, it runs good though with it up, it just pops sometimes, (fuel cut) i know i need to get it hooked up, let me call around tonight after school~

CVD
10-22-2003, 12:39 PM
fuel cut doesnt sound like "running good"

i pray that you have a 2G. If you have a 1G you are probably fucked.

john
10-22-2003, 08:57 PM
Post up where you are located on this forum and somone will probly be able to help you out. It is not that hard to hook up a boost gauge. hopefully you have a gauge pod of something to mount it.

AJ
10-23-2003, 09:23 AM
Fuel Cut = On the gas WOT "Wide Open Throttle" and all of a sudden the car will just jerk and damn near send you into the steering wheel. It feels like a really fast break and you will know it.

Sounds like plugs, wires, or maybe something else. Get a Aftermarket Boost gauge in the car asap or take turn the boost all the way down.

Put in the NKG BPR6ES plugs with them gapped to .28 - .30

Check to make sure you wires are sealing well, run some good gas, if your running holiday, try some Amaco 92 or the other way around.

For insatlling a boost gauge I wouldn't take it to any old shop. But If you close to a member on the site I am sure someone would help ya out. But if you wait until you can do that just turn the boost down and stay off WOT.

Kracka
10-23-2003, 09:25 AM
I'll install your boost gauge....$100!