PDA

View Full Version : The Triple Diamond weekly meet -- Tuesdays, in Plymouth

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

curt_gendron
04-10-2007, 01:07 PM
*** This event has been discontinued ***

I'm starting a weekly gathering for members of Mitsustyle, MN 3/S, and EVO MN. The plan is to meet up on Tuesday nights at about 7pm. The location will be in Plymouth off 494 and Rockford road. Here is a aerial map of the location:
http://www.mn3s.org/weekly-meet-map.jpg

Here is a little higher up map to show you how to get there from the exit:
http://www.mn3s.org/weekly-meet-map2.jpg

If you need to google map the location, use this:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=4130+Berkshire+Ln+N,+plymouth,+mn&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=41.903538,63.105469&layer=&ie=UTF8&z=16&om=1&iwloc=addr

In this area there are several spots to eat. Panceros Mexican Grill (similar to Chipotle), LeAnn Chin and TGI Fridays are right there. If you are craving DQ or Subway just play Frogger across Rockford Road. Mainly the plan is to hang out for 20-30 minutes in the parking lot and wait for any new people, then go grab some fast food. There is outdoor seating if the weather is nice enough. After eating, we can hang out by the cars until whenever. If the weather is really crappy, we can go eat inside at TGI Fridays. The plan is to have this meet every Tuesday rain or shine. I'll attend most of the meets, but not all.

The first weekly meet will start Tuesday, April 17th and continue through the Summer and Fall. If there are any updates to the meet location or time, I'll put the updates in this first post. I hope to see a lot of kick ass Mitsus out there!

later,
Curt

AJ
04-10-2007, 01:21 PM
Great idea and location. I'll be there to get my LeAnn Chin on!

Beofre anyone else says it, People can still roll on to Bees and such at the usual later time 9pm ish from here. This gives those looking for a earlier start times and more food slection a solid weekly meet to attend.

Thanks for putting this together Curt!

A//// Guy
04-10-2007, 01:32 PM
Guess it would have been nice if this was mentioned while we were debating the tuesday meet in the other thread...

Oh well, whatever works. I guess sitting in a parking lot next to the cars just isnt what I want to do? Ill show up though here and there, now that Im a lifetime fitness member I can just go there afterwards since its down the street.

bluntedelvis
04-10-2007, 01:34 PM
Great idea and location. I'll be there to get my LeAnn Chin on!

Beofre anyone else says it, People can still roll on to Bees and such at the usual later time 9pm ish from here. This gives those looking for a earlier start times and more food slection a solid weekly meet to attend.

Thanks for putting this together Curt!

Agreed, are 2g's welcome too check out.

Kracka
04-10-2007, 01:39 PM
I agree with Peter, this should have been mentioned when we were discussing a new location for our established Tues night Applebee's event (or arranged for a different evening).

Goat Blower
04-10-2007, 01:45 PM
:nhl_fight: :pc:

curt_gendron
04-10-2007, 01:53 PM
I agree with Peter, this should have been mentioned when we were discussing a new location for our established Tues night Applebee's event (or arranged for a different evening).

If you want to meet somewhere else on Tuesday nights or any other night of the week, I'm not stopping you. This is just a meet I'm putting together and Tuesday nights works the best for me. This meet has been an idea of mine for a long time now. I didn't want to plan it for Tuesdays because I know you guys already had an informal thing going. But if I'm gonna make most of Triple Diamond meets, it has to be on Tuesdays.

If some of you still want to do your regular Tuesday meets at an indoor place at 9pm, thats cool by me. I'm sorry if this new event kind of steps on the old one.

later,
Curt

AJ
04-10-2007, 01:54 PM
Guess it would have been nice if this was mentioned while we were debating the tuesday meet in the other thread...

Oh well, whatever works. I guess sitting in a parking lot next to the cars just isnt what I want to do? Ill show up though here and there, now that Im a lifetime fitness member I can just go there afterwards since its down the street.

No reason for it to be mentioned. One person who always plans great events took the bull by the horns and came up with one to invite all 3 Local Mitsu Forums he works with. It's a seperate event.

I think you guys should still roll with a 9pm Bees event (or another locations) and I'd even show up to that more knowing I don't have to head all the way home first and then roll back in just for that.

In my case I can hit the gym at work for a bit first, then head up to the early meet. Eat and chill and then head elsewhere if I wanted.

We don't need to clutter this one up like we did the last one so just let it be.

asshanson
04-10-2007, 02:52 PM
Well I think it works out. I'm good for wasting 7-11pm each Tuesday. :biggrin:

Applebees is not far from there, I'm willing to hold out for food until 9. Plus now this gives us a solid reason to continue at 'bees in Plymouth if people want an indoor location.

HiImBrian
04-10-2007, 03:12 PM
Yea I'm right by there so I'll check it out as often as I can. Depends on what kinda job I end up with this summer though