PDA

View Full Version : Damn CV boots... Spring project

sleepydsm
04-03-2007, 02:10 PM
The day I was putting my Talon in storage for winter, gave a friend a ride and *CLUNK*, no power. I KNEW the belt jumped, total lack of power and everything else was OK. I saw the belt was intact, but had tears and punctures along the whole belt (didn't break). I didn't understand why until I pulled the motor (haha thought I'd rebuild it as well)...

I had put all brand new timing belt parts on, and I've done DSM timing belts before with no issues. Well... the god damn driver's side CV boot tore, wore into the lower timing belt cover so much that it exposed the lower right TB cover bolt. It broke that bolt, and the alum. part of the front cover it was bolted too, off and sent it into the belt.

DAMN CV BOOT!!!!!

clean2g
04-03-2007, 07:32 PM
oh shit.. sorry to hear dude. Yea I freakin hate CV boots and axles. I can't understand why they can't come out with something stronger and more durable for CV boots.. they always freakin tear.

johnson
04-03-2007, 09:19 PM
yeah i guess ima be replacin boots annually..... just got done with my driver side a littl bit ago.........

95talonracer
04-04-2007, 07:11 AM
Sorry to hear that man. Let me know if you need a hand with anything.

tim
04-05-2007, 07:12 PM
Try owning a late 80s fwd car. Boots on those cars were 10x worse than the ones on cars today.

Project2G
04-30-2007, 05:29 PM
The cv boots are a recal item. Just take it to mitsu and they will replace it. I know for a fact on the 2G and not sure on the 1G. Same with the ball join on the control arm because mine broke and they fixed it for free.