PDA

View Full Version : What Is The Recalls For A 92 Tsi?

SlowWhite
02-04-2004, 12:27 PM
OK on my way into work today I had the steering Ball Joint on the passengerside Nut come off and I slid Jenny's Talon into a snow bank from not being able to steering. Also bent the fender via the tire enough so that the passangerside door now won't open.

Just wondering if there was a recall on this or not. I should have everything squared away hopefully tonight and have her car back up and running. Lucky for me I was only doing 15mph. And happen to be in my neighborhood so I didn't have that far to push it.

Just lucky this didn't let go while cruising on the highway or I wouldn't be here to type this.

-brian

At-Least-It's-An-Evo
02-04-2004, 12:32 PM
Dont think so. That happened to my car too. Just zap it back on. The only recalls I believe was a seatbelt one, the xfer case, and something with the o2 sensor.

IndiEP
02-06-2004, 11:35 AM
whoa, whoa, whoa. How common is this? I've never read/heard anything about this before.

Super Bleeder!!
02-06-2004, 12:04 PM
hahaha, you've never heard of this? oh man, you are dead. can i have your cd collection?

Matt D.
02-06-2004, 12:11 PM
Aren't there cotter pins on the nuts holdng the steering linkages together to prevent this from happening?

At-Least-It's-An-Evo
02-07-2004, 03:54 AM
Originally posted by Matt D.@Feb 6 2004, 12:11 PM
Aren't there cotter pins on the nuts holdng the steering linkages together to prevent this from happening?
Yep.