PDA

View Full Version : Vassil's Winter Project (25.1E chassis + RWD)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

vassil
02-20-2007, 02:53 AM
I figured that since Tim let the cat out of the bag ... I might as well too. The GSX is getting completely hacked apart and becoming a RWD tube car.

Here is some history ....

I got the car from Steve Hill and had the moronic idea of having a nice 12 second daily driven car. After buying a 3" Thermal it was all over. The car got a built motor, an FP3052 & some supporting mods. It made 451WHP and ran a 12.1 ... later on that was not good enough .. the madness continued to an 11.5, then an 11.2 ... and 11.1 and finally a 10.97@128.99. Best trap was a 129.98 with a whopping 1.88 60ft time :)

I stripped the hubs of my Quartermaster this fall and the car was down for a while. So Tim (EvilEvo) and I decided that both the EVO and the DSM will get lighter and get bigger turbos. Initially we both wanted to partially tube the front and cut out the rear floor. Then somehow with the help of a lot of Vodka-Redbulls we decided that we should go RWD ... then later it all evolved into lets hack the cars apart, sell all the stuff we don't need (everything), buy a welder ... learn to TIG weld and build 2 full tube chassis cars.

My FP30 and some other parts turned into a Miller Syncrowave 200, we rented a garage, bought a ton of pipe from the local FleetFarm, a chopsaw, united all the tools and started practicing. Initially there were some really disappointing moments, kinda like WTF did we just do ... but as time passed we got more confident and started seing the light at the end of the tunnell.

Enough with the BS ... back to the project at hand. The idea is quite straightforward. Remove floorpan fron the DSM, cut the front, built a 25.1E tube chasis from chomoly ... fit it in the DSM, get big-ass tires and auto tranny, a beefy rear-end, a GT4202RV, fab whatever is necessary and go fast.

Here are a some pictures of the progress ... Hopefully it will be road-worthy later on this year and be in the single digits.

vassil
02-20-2007, 02:55 AM
More pics

vassil
02-20-2007, 02:57 AM
Last one ...

AJ
02-20-2007, 07:12 AM
Jebbers, it's like the Flu down there and it's fuck'n spreading. This is fuck'n awesome you guys.

FattyBoomBatty
02-20-2007, 08:20 AM
I think my quest will need the same treatment. Can I pay you in vodka? ;) Sweet project(s).

scheides
02-20-2007, 08:27 AM
Sweet jeebez you guys are nuts! Do you guys have to wrestle the welder away from each other or what? ;)

A//// Guy
02-20-2007, 09:12 AM
There are going to be some sweeeet cars out there this year!! Cant wait to see more progress!

twack
02-20-2007, 10:04 AM
wow alot of work since i last saw. your making me ou to be the slow guy in winona, but at least im the only one on the road. keep up the good work

AJ
02-20-2007, 10:10 AM
You guys need to get these cars down to Tri-State Raceway in Earlville for their initial runs. :D

EclipseGST
02-20-2007, 10:11 AM
HAHA!... Yeah, I think they put something in the water. :D