PDA

View Full Version : Toms Project...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

tpunx99GSX
02-08-2007, 11:24 AM
Ok so heres the synapsis (not sure on the word usage) of what im planning for my car, what the Goals for the build are, and what parts i have and will be ordering.
Table of Contents:
Chapter 1...... Planning is everything
Chapter 2...... Goals for the build
Chapter 3...... Status On Current parts and parts to be added
Chapter 4...... Estimated time when Eclipse will be ready
Appendix A.... Pictures
Chapter 1
Planning is Everything

When i was a wee lad... just kidding. The plan for the car is simple, a) Get it running, b) Keep it running and c) Make it as fast as possible in the budget i have.
This time around i am going to make sure i have completly happy with the setup before i start driving, meaning that everything that needs to be taken care of will be.
Before the synchro went out in second, the car had no speedo because in taking out and putting in the tranny 5 times in 2 months the 4th time it was taken out the speed sensor got caught on the motor mount and snapped.
The other issue i was having is that i didnt feel like the knock sensor was working properly due to the amount of knock i was reading on dsmlink. but also when i took everything apart i accidentally pulled the wire out of the knock sensor.... oops.

Chapter 2
Goals for the build

Goals are the same as when i first got this car. This car will be used as a daily driver/Race car for Drag Racing. I would like to see over 500 FWHP (not hamster power). I would like to be able to throw the slicks in the trunk and drive to the track, put down some good times and then pack it up and drive back home.
The main thing with this build is i am not going to leave anything to chance. I am going to make sure that all of the parts are in good shape, that everthing will work as intended and that i get the most out of each part i put on. From Brakes to a Wideband, as long as it takes this will be done correct.

Chapter 3
Status of Current Modifications and Parts to be added.

Engine:
RRE 6Bolt block
RRE Stage 2 Head
2G Pistons 8.5:1
HKS Valve Springs
Ferrea Valves
NGK BPR7 Spark Plugs

Forced Induction:
PTE T3/T4 50 Trim Turbo
Tial 38mm External Wastegate
Ported Exhaust Manifold
Front Mount Intercooler
Magnus Intake Manifold
Custom Piping 2.5 in made by me. :)
Greddy Type S BOV
RRE Upper IC Piping

Fuel Management:
DSMLink
Magnus Fuel Rail
Fuelab 525 FPR
3/S Fuel Pump + rewire
680cc Injectors
SS braided Lines From Mesa Hose
Wideband o2 Sensor (Coming soon)

Drivetrain:
Fidenza Flywheel
ACT 2100 Clutch
Transmission Race Built by Dogbox Racing with Phantom LSD
Southbend Clutch (Possibility)
Baer or AEM Big Brakes (coming soon)

Other Points of Interest:
2.5" Turbo Back Exhaust
Magnecore Race wires
Tokico Shocks and struts
Battery Relocation to the trunk.
New Knock sensor (Coming Soon)
New Speed Sensor (Coming Soon)
New Throttle body (coming soon)

Possibilities include:
GM 3Bar map sensor
Bigger Injectors
2g Front fenders, bumper and headlights

Chapter 4
Estimated time when this project will be complete.

When is a DSM ever truely complete. This project however i am giving a good guesstimate of 1 month. But I am not going to restrict myself with a time frame. I would rather take the time to do it right then do a half assed job which will just cause me to use more time under the hood.
In past projects i have been in a rush to get things done for some race or track or dyno day. So with that said we shall see how long this actually takes. I have a lot of decisions to make still with this build but we will take it one step at a time.

Appendix A:
Pictures

tpunx99GSX
02-08-2007, 06:15 PM
Just got word back from Dogbox Racing. Here what is gonna happen to the tranny: (some quoted from website)
1-2 hub/sleeve
3-4 hub/sleeve
1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gear
2nd gear double cone syncro
1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th, & reverse syncros
both tapered input shaft bearings
both tapered intermediate shaft bearings
both half shaft seals, input shaft seal, & output shaft seal
steel shift forks
Additional:
Phantom LSD
Reverse Idler
Heavy Duty 3-4
Our race package is geared toward the more serious DSMers. The all out racers, or week end warrior types. Those who want to fire out of the hole and shift above redline, this is for you. Our Race Package is proven to handle 500+ ft/lbs of torque and shift at over 9k RPM's, you won't be disappointed.

slowbubblecar
02-08-2007, 06:43 PM
I don't see a body kit on that list

tpunx99GSX
02-08-2007, 06:58 PM
Because there never will be one. :) I nicknamed this car "The Cure" Basically it was the cure for the ricer in me.

Super Bleeder!!
02-08-2007, 08:08 PM
Too bad "the cure" cant do anything about the raging HIV you've been carrying around. haha

Jakey
02-08-2007, 08:21 PM
Awesome project, Tom!

This car will be used as a daily driver/Race car for Drag Racing.
The car looks like it's in nice shape. Why gut the interior (judging from picture 3)?

New Throttle body (coming soon)
As in a new OEM throttle body, Q45, etc.?

1ViciousGSX
02-08-2007, 09:31 PM
4-spider diff needs to be in there.

Kracka
02-08-2007, 09:32 PM
4-spider diff needs to be in there.

FWD

Halon
02-08-2007, 09:44 PM
Did you have to call them? I can't get ahold of them through email, or through PM on tooooners.

1ViciousGSX
02-08-2007, 09:51 PM
FWD
Why do all that to a FWD?