PDA

View Full Version : built head, eprom, dsmlink

Pages : 1 2 [3]

HiImBrian
01-31-2007, 05:41 PM
Also with the evoIII head, since the ports are smaller, would it still be worth it to upgrade the stock 2g intake mani and TB?

Goat Blower
01-31-2007, 10:46 PM
Shane's talking about smaller ports on an EVO 8 head. I'm not sure what the EVO 3 has in comparison, probably similar to the 2G since they're similar engines.

The 2G head is very good, Kevin Kwiatkowski runs 9's with one with little to no porting last I heard. From personal experience, I had a heavily ported 1G head on my car and I picked up a noticeable gain in power and spool up going to a cleaned up stockish port 1G head. Basically I learned a lot from my original porting work 7-8 years ago to what I just put on 2-3 years ago. Totally different and much better by the butt dyno on my old setup.

The 2G TB and intake are restrictive unless you want maximum torque with a stockish turbo. Exactly what the designers were looking for.

HiImBrian
01-31-2007, 11:58 PM
Shane's talking about smaller ports on an EVO 8 head. I'm not sure what the EVO 3 has in comparison, probably similar to the 2G since they're similar engines.

The 2G head is very good, Kevin Kwiatkowski runs 9's with one with little to no porting last I heard. From personal experience, I had a heavily ported 1G head on my car and I picked up a noticeable gain in power and spool up going to a cleaned up stockish port 1G head. Basically I learned a lot from my original porting work 7-8 years ago to what I just put on 2-3 years ago. Totally different and much better by the butt dyno on my old setup.

The 2G TB and intake are restrictive unless you want maximum torque with a stockish turbo. Exactly what the designers were looking for.

Yea I'm not looking at porting anything. I am probably just going to go with the evoIII head cause the cams are a little bigger and the runners are a little shorter. I'll get a 1g TB and intake mani thought. This seems to be the best way to go for me. If I were planning on getting 272s and going with a fully built head, I would probably stick with a 2g head. But I'm only shooting for mid 300awhp.

HiImBrian
02-04-2007, 02:48 PM
Now that I think about it, would it be dumb to upgrade to a 1g intake mani? I realize the 2g doesn't flow quite as much, but it does fit up to the evoIII head, unlike the 1g head.