PDA

View Full Version : Cold air + boost = good!

Pages : [1] 2

Goat Blower
01-08-2007, 05:29 PM
Wow, just took the old girl for a spin around the block to test the new clutch. Damn! It barely idles, but on the frontage road going about 30 mph on a second gear roll, the boost hit and spun the tires bad around 50 mph. And I've got fairly sticky S03's on here. It felt good last time I drove it, but it feels nasty now. Spring can't get here soon enough.

Kracka
01-08-2007, 05:33 PM
S-03's aren't sticky in these temps ;) The cold is nice, even the Laser feels faster!

DSM_421
01-08-2007, 05:37 PM
I let the authorities know in Golden Valley that you are driving with a highly modified and highly illegal car. Gave them description of the car, your name, age, location ect.

Expect to be pulled over and recieve a fix-it ticket.

lol j/k that would be so dick head, grats sounds nasty.

98gstaherns
01-08-2007, 05:59 PM
man I should be so lucky to drive my car all winter!

Goat Blower
01-08-2007, 06:58 PM
I ain't driving it in the winter, it has no heat, that crap adds too much weight. I just pulled it out of the shop to get something else on the lift. Plus I'm bringing it home for storage in a week or two. I gotta get an appointment to get my xfer case recall done though, Cabe informed me a couple years ago that my car was still due for it and it leaks.

Black97civic
01-08-2007, 08:44 PM
I gotta get an appointment to get my xfer case recall done though, Cabe informed me a couple years ago that my car was still due for it and it leaks.

I would love to see the look on a tech's face when he sees what he has to try and pull up onto the lift, and resist the urge to go all "ferris bueller's day off" with.

Matt D.
01-08-2007, 08:48 PM
Boy, I can't wait to feel the Evo in the summer... I've only ever driven it in cool weather so far.

Goat Blower
01-09-2007, 12:19 AM
I would love to see the look on a tech's face when he sees what he has to try and pull up onto the lift, and resist the urge to go all "ferris bueller's day off" with.

I'm going to see if I can request Tony at Brookdale to do it. We've bought and sold stuff to each other and he's a fellow enthusiast, he'd take good care of my baby. Plus I'll temporarily change the fuel cutoff to 3000 rpm, so there's no hanky-panky. :p

Thor06
01-09-2007, 01:00 AM
Just curious, how much weight did you cut taking out the heater core and/or AC?

MustGoFaster
01-09-2007, 07:36 AM
For the blower motor, heater core and evaporator it's ~34lbs in a 3S, I would guess DSM are about the same.