PDA

View Full Version : sway bars

Pages : [1] 2

HiImBrian
11-30-2006, 11:23 PM
Well I've been thinking about getting lower sway bars for my 98 gsx. I have read that rear sway bars are very helpful, but are the fronts necessarily worth the money? like these bad boys are pricey and I was wondering if I should get the front and rears for like $300 or just the rears for like half that? And if anybody knows where I can get a cheaper set lemmy know!

Kracka
11-30-2006, 11:26 PM
Get the front/rear set of RM bars, my friend put them on his '98 GSX and it was a huge improvement. Search around a bit, we had a huge swaybar thread just a few months ago.

rst95eclipse
11-30-2006, 11:58 PM
Are you going AutoX or something? Hopefully you already have all the absolutely neccesary suspension upgrades before moving on to sway bars.

HiImBrian
11-30-2006, 11:59 PM
Thanks, I found that thread and I think I might just go with the rear sway bar for now. I'm in the process of getting all my fuel mods on and then I'll need a tune, so that'll cost a buck or two.

HiImBrian
12-01-2006, 12:03 AM
Will I still need sway bar links if I get sway bars?

rst95eclipse
12-01-2006, 12:18 AM
Yes. Aftermarket sway bar kits do not come with end links. I've searched this issue since I had to cut my endlinks off. Let's just say that they cost a pretty penny. If you find a kit that does come with the endlinks.........please please please let me know of it.

HiImBrian
12-01-2006, 01:29 AM
Well the thing is, my links are off right now because of some suspension work I did a while back. So will I have to buy a set of links and put them on as well as the sway bars themselves?

rst95eclipse
12-01-2006, 02:57 AM
I don't know how your sway bar is going to work unless you install the endlinks as well. If your question is if you need new end links - you shouldn't as long as you can still install them (torque them to specs).

My problem was that the metal was so corroded and fatigued when I put my 14mm open between the rubber caps and started to wrench off the nut - the area that the 14mm was on stripped.

Kracka
12-01-2006, 07:18 AM
Aftermarket anti-swaybars are a great upgrade for even stock suspension DSM's. I am glad to see more and more DSMers finally getting into handling.

sleepydsm
12-01-2006, 10:55 AM
They have upper sway bars?