PDA

View Full Version : Hello from England

Pages : [1] 2

Jakey
11-19-2006, 04:01 PM
Well I've officially began my England experience. I flew into London at 9:00AM this morning (London time) and toured London all day with some guy from Australia that I met on my flight. A few London/England impressions so far:
-Overall, the people are very nice
-London drivers are f'ing crazy, especially with how incredibly narrow the streets are
-London's age makes it a beautiful city but it's age also leaves it as rather dirty
-The cleanliness of the city isn't helped by the fact that the number of trash cans on the sidewalks is quite limited due to them being spots that terrorists could place bombs (as explained by a London police officer)
-It seems like everything is roughly twice what it costs in the US

Tauni
11-19-2006, 04:09 PM
Geebus. Lucky! Have fun!!

clean2g
11-19-2006, 04:21 PM
OOO OOOOO.. bring me back one of those bear hats off of one of the palace guards heads. Nay j/k, prolly get shot, but have fun and make sure you take lots of pics to show us.

FattyBoomBatty
11-19-2006, 05:20 PM
Well I've officially began my England experience. I flew into London at 9:00AM this morning (London time) and toured London all day with some guy from Australia that I met on my flight. A few London/England impressions so far:
-Overall, the people are very nice
-London drivers are f'ing crazy, especially with how incredibly narrow the streets are
-London's age makes it a beautiful city but it's age also leaves it as rather dirty
-The cleanliness of the city isn't helped by the fact that the number of trash cans on the sidewalks is quite limited due to them being spots that terrorists could place bombs (as explained by a London police officer)
-It seems like everything is roughly twice what it costs in the US

That would be the 2.2:1 or so exchange rate working for ya, or maybe against you. Over there, they get paid "twice as much" so everything is just as expensive for residents there as the same things here are to us.

turbotalon1g
11-19-2006, 10:14 PM
oh say hello to the homeland for me. I can't wait to go back, go to a fish and chip shop.

FattyBoomBatty
11-19-2006, 10:29 PM
Gross, fish and chips. What are the chips made of again?

BuildADSM
11-19-2006, 11:59 PM
what the heck are ya doing on the other side of the sea? Missed da landing strip or something? LOL jk. Have fun! Be sure to post up some pics as well (especally the ones of you messing with the guards hehe)
Later,
Stuart

Jakey
11-20-2006, 01:41 PM
Over there, they get paid "twice as much" so everything is just as expensive for residents there as the same things here are to us.

The minimum wage is higher but from what I've found out by talking to people, your statement is false.

what the heck are ya doing on the other side of the sea?

I'm touring farms and speaking at a workshop at John Deere's UK headquarters on Wednesday.

DoughtCom
11-20-2006, 01:50 PM
I remember when I was there a decent meal for 2 was still 25 pounds, that (at that time was about 46 dollars). The place is awesome but jesus is it expensive. Clothing there is pretty cheap though, I got a few shirts for 3 pounds each. Oh and I couldn't resist getting some BK's (ahh yes brittish knights son) for like 15 pounds or something rediculous, probably because they're more dorky there than here :D

Hit up the science museum.... it's pretty off the hook.

Another thing there (and most brittish colonies I think) is you pay for rent and whatnot weekly, I'm bad enough remembering to pay once a month.

AJ
11-20-2006, 01:58 PM
Any hotties need a green card? ;)