PDA

View Full Version : Shit happens.... a lot to me.

Pages : [1] 2 3

DoughtCom
11-15-2006, 11:17 AM
The 3kGT is dead (as of last Saturday).... I'll post some pics and a full story as to what happened a little later once I have time. A few notes for now though. No I wasn't speeding/racing, no I didn't hit anyone and yeah I was at fault. It's been a bad year.... a really bad year.

Also... I'm selling my laser turbo in the classifieds, price is negotiable as I need the money fairly soon.

Update:
I was looking for cars for my little bro on craigslist on Sat when I found a 1991 Subaru Legacy Turbo (one of my "dream cars" don't ask why) black 5 speed which is a very rare car. I went downtown to get a hair cut and called the guy at 4 to inform him I was on my way to his place.

I then proceeded up Washington Ave to the 35W South exit, which you may know is a nice straight on ramp. I glanced in my blind spot to make sure I could merge (while still accelerating) when I turned my head back to the road I see something run across.

To this day I still don’t know what it was, I think it was a dog. Now before I go any further let me state that I know it’s best to hit whatever is in front of you, at this point though I was out of my element and I didn’t even register if it was even a human or not.

So… I panicked and swerved left…. way too much, I was headed toward a median or curb or something (can’t remember). To make things worse my camber in the rear PS is totally F’d because I never did the suspension upgrade, was gonna wait until next Spring. So my balance was REALLY fucked up, I then corrected it but way too much and went into a spin. All this while I was only doing about 50-60MPH. I still tried correcting it out of the spin but was past the happy 40 degree or so angle and couldn’t… especially in an almost 2 ton vehicle.

At this point I was basically sliding sideways down the on ramp when my car smashed into the guard rail. I spun 180 and then the rear end clipped the guard rail and I bounced off and ended up going the right way on the on ramp.

The only witness I have, which is irrelevant because it was 100% my fault anyway was this bitch in a cougar that stopped next to me and laughed and drove away, no "are you ok? do you need me to call 911?". The cop that arrived also gave me a push onto the grass (which is over a curb) but got me going about 40MPH. When I hit the curb it bent my front wheel and I had a really hard time stopping. I got out of the car and was like “wtf man you had me scared there” and he’s like “yeah sorry about that I didn’t mean to get you going that fast.”

Anyway my neck is all fucked up I think I’m gonna go to the doctor tomorrow and my car IS totaled… estimated damage was about 18,000. I’ll post pics up later tonight, next time human or not it’s getting ran over…. nah probably not :)

Jakey
11-15-2006, 11:30 AM
Also... I'm selling my laser turbo in the classifieds, price is negotiable as I need the money fairly soon.

I'm not seeing it.

Kracka
11-15-2006, 11:53 AM
I sorry to hear what happened to the car, definitely a shitty situation that could happen to anyone :(

A//// Guy
11-15-2006, 11:54 AM
Man that sucks!! Sorry to hear that, hope things get better. And yea we will need more details and pics.

92EvilTalon
11-15-2006, 12:45 PM
Sorry to hear the problems...hope things work out. And ya I like to hear more about it. It sucks when a car is broke.

clean2g
11-15-2006, 12:59 PM
Dude that sucks, sorry to hear. Just two weeks ago I saw it parked in the ramp but I didn't see it lately so I figured you must've put it up for the winter. Hope things work out. Good luck.

DoughtCom
11-15-2006, 01:13 PM
Thanks guys yeah it sucks, at least I'll be saving 500+ dollars a month for now so I can get an Evo or something next spring. Yeah I was gonna tell you yesterday "clean2g" when I saw you in the ramp but didn't get a chance.

I'll update the upper post with the story for easy reading this evening... for now I guess my classified was deleted during the change or something I reposted it here

http://www.mitsustyle.com/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=12

Like I said the price is negotiable, but please don't low ball me as I'll ignore the offer =D

Tauni
11-15-2006, 02:09 PM
.. No I wasn't speeding/racing, no I didn't hit anyone and yeah I was at fault...

Sounds like how I totalled my red Talon. That sucks sooo bad :( that car was beautiful! Sorry man, hopefully things get better for you!

Matt D.
11-15-2006, 02:35 PM
Sucks to hear... It's always hard to blame no one but yourself. Hope things get better for you.

Tauni
11-15-2006, 09:33 PM
Oh gosh, I just read the story about what happened. That SUCKS. At least you are pretty much ok though, other than your neck.