PDA

View Full Version : Twin Cities Event Planning

Pages : [1] 2

Jakey
11-14-2006, 07:50 PM
I need help from all of you Twin Cities experts. The Annual International Meeting of the American Society of Agricultural & Biological Engineers is being held at the Minneapolis Convention Center June 17-20, 2007. I am helping to plan a late afternoon/evening activity for the night of Saturday, June 17. I'm planning for 50-100 people(approximately 18-30 years of age) and the activity must be within a ~30 minute radius of Minneapolis. Ideally the activity is something which will be of interest to people coming from an agricultural & biological engineering field. For example, last July at our meeting in Portland, we took at ~2 hour tour of the old underground Portland underground slave trade. Here are a few activities we're currently considering:
- St. Paul Gangsters & Wabasha Street Caves Tour
- The Bakken; A Library & Museum of Electricity in Life
- Oliver Kelly Living History Farm
- Prairie Home Companion Show
- Fort Snelling

Thoughts?

Thanks

Matt D.
11-14-2006, 08:19 PM
I was going to say Fort Snelling.

rst95eclipse
11-14-2006, 08:32 PM
Take um to MOA with a dinner at Hooters.........

On a serious note: Snelling is probably your best bet. But the Twins play Milwaukee at 1:10PM.

Speedfreak
11-14-2006, 10:11 PM
I don't know what exactly Biological engineers entails, but I'd go to the Science museum "Body Worlds" exhibit:

http://www.smm.org/

Oh shit, I just noticed your dates, that will not work:). Um then I have no idea.:)

Kevin 1G Drummer
11-14-2006, 10:41 PM
The Annual International Meeting of the American Society of Agricultural & Biological Engineers

The name of that meeting/organization seems a little "off" to me.

92EvilTalon
11-14-2006, 10:53 PM
haha nice... Anyways...Fort Snelling or the St. Paul Gangsters & Wabasha Street Caves Tour. I have a book on every point of interest some were. It has every little thing that Minnesota has. Basicly it talks about the Biggest Ball of Twine...to the Shores of Lake Superier....

tim
11-15-2006, 02:31 AM
haha nice... Anyways...Fort Snelling or the St. Paul Gangsters & Wabasha Street Caves Tour. I have a book on every point of interest some were. It has every little thing that Minnesota has. Basicly it talks about the Biggest Ball of Twine...to the Shores of Lake Superier....

And you are in Ohio. WTF?

J/K:D

AJ
11-15-2006, 07:50 AM
WTF is the St. Paul Gangsters & Wabasha Street Caves Tour? That sounds awesome.

Jakey
11-15-2006, 11:27 AM
The name of that meeting/organization seems a little "off" to me.

How so?

Jakey
11-15-2006, 11:29 AM
WTF is the St. Paul Gangsters & Wabasha Street Caves Tour? That sounds awesome.

http://www.wabashastreetcaves.com/gangster.html