PDA

View Full Version : Am I being BSed?

rst95eclipse
11-08-2006, 09:14 PM
I'm not certain who is the provider to this coverage, however I've been told that in Stewartville, MN there is an insurance provider that will insure the car for a much lesser rate than other cars. This is because the car can only be driven a stated distance every year (3,000mi or whatever is agreed). I don't know too much about policies and I'm not anywhere close to home. Please post your insight to the situation. Am I being bullshited?

scheides
11-08-2006, 10:49 PM
This might be a standard offering where you put the car in storage.

Jana
11-09-2006, 07:42 AM
Or if you list your car for "pleasure" versus commute. I know that's how my parents can list their vehicles, and then each year they have to turn in the odometer reading as proof.

AwdGSX13
11-09-2006, 04:24 PM
or if you have a collector car and your only drive a small amount... that is the coverage you would buy.

rst95eclipse
11-13-2006, 02:51 AM
or if you have a collector car and your only drive a small amount... that is the coverage you would buy.

The only thing this car collects is my money, so I guess it is a collector car. I'll only drive it after a long/stressful day work, on a weekend, or to the track - all during nice weather. Otherwise it will be all shined up and sitting in the garage.

Thanks guys. I appreciate the imput.

unreal808
11-13-2006, 01:00 PM
Or if you list your car for "pleasure" versus commute. I know that's how my parents can list their vehicles, and then each year they have to turn in the odometer reading as proof.

Thats all my car is for "pleasure" LOL