PDA

View Full Version : headgasket job

Pimpin Dsmstyle
10-07-2006, 05:04 PM
Price check - 91 talon TSI awd.

Head gasket seems to be bad and I may as well do a timing belt / accessories / water pump while someone is in there. Stock replacement parts.

Timeframe ( avail. start time / approx time to do the job) ?
Price out the door please ? thanks.

v8klla
10-08-2006, 07:15 PM
$675 with parts, however while you are in there we definately recommend a set of ARP head studs. Timeframe is up to you, we can have it done within a few days from when you bring it in.

Chris

Pimpin Dsmstyle
10-08-2006, 07:22 PM
$675 with parts, however while you are in there we definately recommend a set of ARP head studs. Timeframe is up to you, we can have it done within a few days from when you bring it in.

Chris

ARP's should be in it already. If they aren't, I have another set sitting here. Does it make any difference that the entire front side of the motor is stripped down already? There is no turbo / manifold on it at the moment. I do have a 2g manifold and a 14b that needs to go on it. LSE never got back to me so it looks like you're the only competition! I could probably get it up to you Friday. Towing it there is my only dilema. Do you guys deal with that at all?

98gstaherns
10-08-2006, 09:40 PM
get a AAA gold membership, you get like 4 or 5 tows for 100 miles..

Pimpin Dsmstyle
10-10-2006, 02:28 AM
get a AAA gold membership, you get like 4 or 5 tows for 100 miles..

I have it but I hate how they tow my cars. They NEVER send me a god damn flat bed. It's always some half ass'd tow truck and they want to take out my Xfer case bolts. If one broke off in this process.. I'd have a whole new shit storm to deal with !

Car got towed there safely tonight. Thanks for getting that lined up! Good / nice guys to deal with.

Pimpin Dsmstyle
10-25-2006, 09:25 PM
Well I had them do the HG + alot more. They were extremely good about being quick at getting things done. Most of the time they were waiting on me to tell them what I wanted or a part I didn't bring with. Most shops would have just ordered the parts new and called it a day. Well for someone like me, I can't do that! So I'm greatful for that. I've only put on 20 miles since I got it back but everything seems 100x better than before :P Anyways I just wanted to post up my experience quick!

Ps - Chris was excellent and calling / answering when I call. He made sure everything was clear and went as planned. We spoke several times a week throughout this process. Kyle and alex did terrific job making sure everything was done cost efficient and well! Thanks guys!

v8klla
10-25-2006, 09:52 PM
Glad to hear you are happy! Feel free to repost this in our customer reviews section ;)

Chris