PDA

View Full Version : tire installers?

Pages : [1] 2 3

longemoco
09-25-2006, 03:14 PM
anyone knows any tire places that that charges cheaper than 20 bucks to install tires? i'm trying to get me some tires from the internet because it's cheaper, but if i bring it to discount tires shop they want 20 per tire, and if i buy from them it's 11 bucks.i know 9 bucks more but if i do 4 tires that's' 36 bucks that i could use to pay my entry fee at rockfalls. just thought i'd ask.

Kracka
09-25-2006, 03:21 PM
Wal-Marts and Sams Clubs do it for $5/tire. I'd only go that route if you don't care about your wheels though b/c I'd guess they don't have the best equipment or employees.

Jana
09-25-2006, 03:35 PM
I'd stay away from Wal-Mart personally. We had a friend who worked at one, and had them put his wheels on... needless to say, the came off on the hwy.

Bottom line, you get what you pay for most of the time. I woudn't skimp here either.

Jakey
09-25-2006, 06:09 PM
I have found that the internet is not always cheaper if you price around to different locations making sure that you include all related costs if you were to purchase the tires online.

CornFed2.4
09-25-2006, 06:34 PM
wal mart sucks I just did it and they scratched the fuck out of my rims. Stay away

Jakey
09-25-2006, 06:40 PM
I'd only go that route if you don't care about your wheels though b/c I'd guess they don't have the best equipment or employees.

You can say that again. I'd say the average age of the employees in the shop at the Wal-Mart in my hometown is 17. My parents used to get tire flats fixed at Wal-Mart because they were so cheap. The eventually quit doing it because it would not be long and the tires would be flat again due to not being patched/plugged properly.

iceminion
09-25-2006, 06:53 PM
I work at goodyear on weekends, I can install AND balance tires! (even low-pro)

if you dont want to pay me money, you can pay me in electronic junk/car audo/car parts...

94AWDTSi
09-25-2006, 07:03 PM
You can say that again. I'd say the average age of the employees in the shop at the Wal-Mart in my hometown is 17. My parents used to get tire flats fixed at Wal-Mart because they were so cheap. The eventually quit doing it because it would not be long and the tires would be flat again due to not being patched/plugged properly.

Yup 17-18yrs. I went to a post secondary class at Century and Walmart accepted some guys that didn't know shit! I'd stay away also!

longemoco
09-26-2006, 02:27 AM
I have found that the internet is not always cheaper if you price around to different locations making sure that you include all related costs if you were to purchase the tires online.
yeah , that's one of the reasons why i asked, because the tires i want are 86 at discount tires, and 71 at discounttiredirect.com there's a 15 bucks saving per tire.

Kracka
09-26-2006, 08:03 AM
Remember you have to pay shipping for internet tires, but tax for local tires.