PDA

View Full Version : Srs Reset?

Dutch_DSM
01-16-2004, 09:03 AM
Does anyone know a way to reset and get rid of a SRS light? (and still have functional airbags)

I have a 95 eagle talon tsi awd

the problem is there are NO dealers here in Holland that have the right software or interfaces to reset or read what is wrong (if anything because I think it's just because the airbags have been unplugged)

I already tried disconnecting the battery but that doesn't help.

Help anyone?

TheBlizzard
01-16-2004, 09:56 AM
You probably will just have to deal with it. They do it all the time, there some sensors up in the front of the car that sometimes go bad and they will cause you to get a SRS light in your dash. I have the same light on my car and I was told that they would have to replace the sensors and its not that easy of a job to do. So I just took my gauge cluster out and covered it up with some electrical tape cut exactly to fit over the light and you can't even tell.

CRAIG

john
01-16-2004, 10:01 AM
That is also on in my brothers 95 tsi. I would just pull the bulb out. We haven't tried it in his car yet though.

LightningGSX
01-17-2004, 11:58 PM
The usual problem is pinched wires or disconnected plugs, did you have some work done before the problem? The SRS is rather simple, and has few components.Check the harnesses(airbag wiring is in yellow sleeves), and the plugs.If thats not it you may have to replace the DERM or an inertial sensor.

Dutch_DSM
01-19-2004, 02:26 AM
I'll go check out all the wiring
As far as i know it's always been on but the previous owner had removed the bulbs for the SRS , ABS and Engine because all 3 were on.
got the engine light resolved by properly connecting the o2 sensor (had 2 wires swapped) and the ABS had a wire pinched.

But if the all the wires & sensors are good then the light should remain off after i power cycle the SRS computer?

LightningGSX
01-19-2004, 02:31 AM
From what I know of the DSM srs, it doesn't store any faults.So if the fault is fixed, then the light should go off.

Dutch_DSM
01-19-2004, 02:34 AM
Thanks LightningGSX!

I'll go and check out all the wiring & sensors!