PDA

View Full Version : stripped water line threads

Pages : [1] 2 3

SLOW_V
06-11-2006, 10:59 AM
I was installing my 14b last night on my 1g fwd. The bolt is in but not tight. I would asusme it would leak. Anyways, I stripped the coolant water line threads from the head? The bolt itself is not stripped? Any suggestions? Could I retap the hole the same size or I need to retap it lil bigger?

blageo23
06-11-2006, 12:11 PM
There is no coolant line from the head, there is an oil line from the head and the coolant lines go to the big water line and the water neck. If it is the oil line on the head(left front top of head) then alot of people would say to take the head off and helicoil it. Me and a freind helicoiled his with the head on and had no problems.

SLOW_V
06-11-2006, 01:25 PM
There is no coolant line from the head, there is an oil line from the head and the coolant lines go to the big water line and the water neck. If it is the oil line on the head(left front top of head) then alot of people would say to take the head off and helicoil it. Me and a freind helicoiled his with the head on and had no problems.

My bad, I thought it was the water line? What is Helicoiled? Anyways, thanks for the advice.

Jakey
06-11-2006, 01:28 PM
What is Helicoiled?

http://www.emhart.com/products/helicoil.asp

blageo23
06-11-2006, 03:50 PM
Pretty much you tap it a bigger size and the helicoil threads into. Then you can reuse the bolt because the helicoil make it the same size as it was(you need to find the right helicoil). End result the same size/pitch hole and helicoils are WAY stonger then aluminum.

SLOW_V
06-11-2006, 04:07 PM
http://www.emhart.com/products/helicoil.asp
Thanks Jakey!

Jakey
06-11-2006, 04:58 PM
Thanks Jakey!

Google is your friend. ;)

scheides
06-13-2006, 09:10 AM
Remember, that is a banjo bolt you are cranking on. Anytime I've ever re-installed one of those, it was old and weak and the head broke off. This might be what you are experiencing. A replacement banjo bolt from mitsu is like $10.

SLOW_V
06-14-2006, 09:44 PM
If I plugged this up, is there another source where I can pull oil to the turbo?
I noticed there is another plugged right below the water coolant neck? It looks similar to the 2g oil spot? Could I used this instead????

s1ngletracker
06-15-2006, 09:30 AM
wow, this is weird. We had this problem last night with Tauni's car. Does anyone have a helicoil we could borrow to fix hers?