PDA

View Full Version : Fairly New guy Wondering, Where is DSMSTYLE From.

Pages : [1] 2

Eagle_of_Fire
04-24-2006, 03:20 PM
Well I signed up not that long ago and i've been poking around the threads.. I'm looking for the history of dsmstyle.com. It has confused me this far and i wonder how i even ended up here! HAHA.. I see alot of MN's is this where it all started? are there other like me who have gone wondering into other DSM lands! Well, if anyone has the scoop i'd love to here it.. For now i'll remain to far away for the meets but just close enough to help when i can.. :D Lata -Rich

Jana
04-24-2006, 03:25 PM
Yes, it began here in MN. Allan (DSMStyle) has had the site for about 6 years (gone thru numerous changes since then). It's just kind of grown since then, and we have members from all over now.

Jana
04-24-2006, 03:25 PM
Oh, and I'm Jana (formally DSMChick)... the better half of DSMStyle. ;)

Eagle_of_Fire
04-24-2006, 03:30 PM
I see, MN.. I have only know one person from MN. They were in the service with me for a short time. They were from Deluth (sp). You got me on the age tho! i thought the site was much newer than that. I like this setup and avatars and sigs at the same time is great! Every forum i belong to has one or the other. Are there any pics of meets that you've had in MN. I'd like to see some more members rides!

Jakey
04-24-2006, 03:47 PM
There's a fair amount of us that have been around for a long time. I've personally been a DSMStyle.com member since late Fall of 2002. I've known Allan(DSMStyle) since I was in middle school (1996-1998 timeframe) back when we rode the same school bus and he made me a mix casette of AC/Dc and Shaq music.

ABV
04-24-2006, 03:57 PM
I remember when DSMStlye had 6 members and 2 posts per week. :D

AJ
04-24-2006, 08:14 PM
It started out as just a personal site and a goofy screen name when I had my 97GST and was more into the cosmetic aspects of DSMs. Then, with support from a group of close friends and a great girl, we added forums and it slowly grew by word of mouth. I met more and more people in the DSM area including guys like Scott Jann, Norm, Old Man Hill, Shane, Kris, and a few others. To me they where the guys who where at that next level. I had the supprt of guys like Nash, Mark, 1G Andy, Barton, and others who have alwasy been in the DSMStyle corner, even when it was a little of the gay side. Then after time we took a step to try and make dsmstyle.com a forum to be on in MN. And several years laters here we are. We generate traffic of 1 million page views each month on average. And I feel have had the best vendor support any site could EVER ask for. We've been around since before tuners even. And I am so glad we didn't turn into that.

Jakey
04-24-2006, 08:46 PM
1G Andy

I don't believe I have ever met him but have heard the name multiple times. Where's he at these days?

AJ
04-24-2006, 08:57 PM
the little bitch just posted up in Cher's EVO thread. He's on here as just andy now. He's been deployed last I heard. Nash talk to him last.

BuildADSM
04-24-2006, 10:23 PM
You arn't the only one from far! I live in tennessee. I still rember singing up the FIRST time (see above, many changes) and being the 50th member. I have been on this site for 4 years (though took a little time off from posting but not reading). This place has been great in letting me learn about dsm (My brother has one but I don't yet) and people actually took the time to explain things and be understanding back when i was a young 14 year old.
thanks guys, I love this place :hug:
Stuart