PDA

View Full Version : water injection

Pages : [1] 2

jd1828
10-19-2003, 09:52 PM
ive been thinking about building my own water injection system. ive looked at lots of plans and info on it but i still have some questions. what injector flow rate is safe to use and what do i use for an injector? can i just use a stock dsm fuel pump? since i still have a 14b and probably wont see too much knock anyway. so ill probably keep the flow rate very small. then i can just up grade injectors as they are needed. id also like to hear peoples opinions on this. good or bad

Shane@DBPerformance
10-19-2003, 10:16 PM
You might want to do some research on what water injection is first and how it works. You don't use a fuel pump or fuel injectors to spray water. I would personally just make the car fast without using it.

Jakey
10-19-2003, 10:23 PM
If you want someone to talk in more detail with about water injection I would get ahold of Charlie (SOURCE1604 on most boards). I *think* he has a water injection system on his car but I'm not sure if he has run it yet since his car is usually in pieces. His website is http://www.its-over.net

Kracka
10-19-2003, 10:23 PM
Like Shane said, save the WI for later...make your car fast w/o it first then possibily add it in the future once your setup really demands it.

Kracka
10-19-2003, 10:24 PM
Jakey, do you memorize links or do you have a gigantic list written down somewhere?

Jakey
10-19-2003, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by TalonTSiDude@Oct 19 2003, 09:24 PM
Jakey, do you memorize links or do you have a gigantic list written down somewhere?
I bookmark damn near everything I come across.

Jason what brought about thinking about water injection, just a possible idea?

jd1828
10-19-2003, 10:27 PM
well the water has to get from a tank to the engine. im not saying it needs a fuel pump but just a suggestions because the stock pumps are cheap and easy to get. then the water has to be atomized and put into the ic pipe. is that right or am i just crazy?

Kracka
10-19-2003, 10:28 PM
Look at the AquaMist kits online, that should show you how complicated they really are and what you will all need to make it work.

jd1828
10-19-2003, 10:29 PM
i agree that i should wait until i the car is fast but i would like to see if the if i can just get a working set up and just put it on when its needed

Raptor
10-19-2003, 11:24 PM
Personally I think you would benefit much more from a higher performance intercooler system than WI by a long shot and the money you would spend on WI would put that off further. As far as logical mods on a 14B powered car, it isn't really one of the ones I would focus on. It may be "trick" and not that common, but there are so many things that should come before it that at this point I seriously believe it would be a waste of your resources as far as bang for buck type value. For the money you would spend on it to do it correctly(aquamist or similar), you could be looking at the IC, Fuel system control (AFPR if you havn't gotten it yet) porting work, exhaust upgrades, better turbos etc, the list is huge, but you get the idea.