PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Key

JiN
01-09-2004, 01:32 PM
Ok, I've tried to contact a few Mitsu dealers via email. Nobody has replied. I just wanted to know if its at all possible to get a remake of your wheel key if you lost it. This is just in case I cant find mine. Anyone have a clue?

Kracka
01-09-2004, 01:35 PM
You can go to Mitsu and they will be able to get you a new one. I believe they have spares of all the different lug-keys (there are only a few).

JiN
01-09-2004, 01:37 PM
Ok, thats good news, thanks Chris. Any specific dealership I should go to? O, how much do you think they'll charge me?

Kracka
01-09-2004, 01:40 PM
You should be able to go to any dealership, I like Wayzata but I can't remember where you live. As for cost, I can't imagine much more than $10-20. You will want to bring proof of ownership along to the dealership as well (title registration card), they probably won't give you a hassle, but you never know.

jd1828
01-09-2004, 01:46 PM
bumper to bumper sells a wheel lock remover. im not sure how it works but i saw it there a few days ago.

JiN
01-09-2004, 01:52 PM
What's bumper to bumper? O and did any of you try to take your wheels off, and them fuckers wouldnt budge? We tried a breaker bar and everything. But we couldnt get them to move. Anyone else had that problem?

Matt D.
01-09-2004, 02:01 PM
Bumper To Bumper is an auto parts store, they're all over.

If you end up breaking a lug just go buy a new wheel bolt and lug nut, they're super easy to replace.

A//// Guy
01-09-2004, 02:11 PM
To get the wheels off just kick them really hard on the rubber all around the wheels. It should get them off. Then when you put them back on grease the inside hub.

Kracka
01-09-2004, 05:07 PM
Don't use grease, use an anti-seize compound. Like Peter said, just kick the tires really hard or hit them with a rubber mallet. If not of that works, put the lugs on not quite all the and drive around until you hear the wheel pop loose (its a last resort since it is not real safe).