PDA

View Full Version : Rock Climbing?

ABV
03-03-2006, 02:43 PM
I was talking to a couple guys at work that are into Rock Climbing, and it sounds like a hell of a good time. I guess there's a place in St. Paul that has a wall similar to the one at REI, where you can go in the winter time. Then in the summer you can go to places like Taylor's Falls and the North Shore and find some places to climb. You can either rent equipment, or for about $200 you can get all the stuff you need to start out. It sounds like a good workout too. I think they've talked me into trying it sometime. I was just wondering if anyone here has gone before, and where you went. How did you like it?

CVD
03-03-2006, 03:36 PM
I went to the place in St Paul when I was like 12. I liked it. Dont forget that along with upper body strength, grip strength is also important.

SlowWhite
03-03-2006, 03:47 PM
I think I've been there it was fun.

howslowcanyougo
03-03-2006, 11:12 PM
Used to go to up to Taylors falls, and up north of grand marias, the best ever was out in eldorodo springs colorado. Scary as HELL, <talking about getting WAY HIGH! UP out there>! But a Great workout, no room for sloppyness though, or very bad things will surely happen!

I just too dam old now to even think of doing that again! < I was into climbing back in the late 70's!>

Yep that's me, older than DIRT, and Happy that I am!

95tsi
03-03-2006, 11:33 PM
I know one guy who went to the Grand Tetons every summer to climb and a few others who go west at least once a year to climb. They also set up a bouldering wall in their garage. I believe St cloud State just recently setup a new wall in the sports center to accommodate the climbers, supposedly pretty nice place. I'll stick to my bike though.

ABV
03-31-2006, 12:57 PM
Here's the place in St. Paul: http://www.verticalendeavors.com/

I'm gonna go check it out tonight.

Talian
03-31-2006, 01:08 PM
I had gone there back when I was in Jr. High. That is a sweet place, I had completely forgotten about it.

MATCHBX
04-01-2006, 09:34 AM
So how was that place Mark? I want to start doing some things like that too. Let me know if you're going up there again and I'll join you.

ABV
04-01-2006, 10:10 AM
It was insane. I will definitely be going there again sometime. It's an excelent workout too. I was suprised at how big this place was. If you go on the website you can see some pictures, but they don't do it justice. There's so many options, I think it would be tough to get bored there. I'll let you know the next time I plan on going.