PDA

View Full Version : Boost Gauge Hoseing

Pages : [1] 2

Iceman
01-06-2004, 11:00 PM
I need the pythonern (sp) tubing for my autometer boost gauge. Does anyone have any or know where i can get some?

AJ
01-06-2004, 11:04 PM
Checker or Napa or Red Roster. Even Home deppot has enough, and if I remember right I have some I could get ya. I will check in the morning.

Iceman
01-07-2004, 07:39 PM
Home depot huh.... Ill go there and check... or napa i sappose...

MATCHBX
01-07-2004, 11:03 PM
Not to start a war here, but if you want to get something that will last, go to a parts store (Checker, Napa, etc.) and buy a copper tubing kit for guages. You have to be careful putting it in so you don't kink it but it stands up better than the plastic. You can form it easily and it stays where you put it. It won't crack in cold temps either. I've used it on my oil pressure guages in the past and it's the only thing I use on my boost guages. It comes with the compression fittings and everything.

Just my $0.02....

john
01-08-2004, 12:00 AM
He needs 1/8 inch to connect to the boost gauge. hard to find coppertubing in 1/8 inch along with poly hose. BTW, the flexible nylon hose will not work for this application. My boost gauge uses the same shit. My gauge came missing the inserts. After searching everywhere (home depot, menards, local hardwar and plumbing stores) I decided I would have to make my own.

if nobody has any extra or a place to get any, I could probly make it work for you James. Stop up at my work sometime and I will see what I can do.

MATCHBX
01-08-2004, 06:30 PM
If you buy a copper tubing kit for guages, it is 1/8th inch and has the compression fittings (nuts and inserts) in the pack. It has a thinner wall thickness than regular 1/8th copper tubing for better response at the guage. Its cost is under $10 and well worth it. I have bought these from auto parts stores for both of my guages (boost and oil pressure) and have never had a problem with either.

Also, any hardwarre store will have the inserts. Ace, Home Depot, Lowes, Menards, etc. They all have them.

Kracka
01-09-2004, 02:36 AM
I have looked at both Menards and Home Depot and as far as nylon tubing (the Autometer stuff, nylon or whatever it is) the smallest they sell is 1/4", Autometers use 1/8". Maybe the stores I looked at where just out, but I didn't see empty shelf space for the 1/8".

MATCHBX
01-09-2004, 07:33 AM
That's why I say go to an autoparts store and buy the kit. It's cheap and easy. I just don't put much faith in the plastic tubing crap. That's why I go with copper tubing.

Iceman
01-10-2004, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by awd1dr@Jan 9 2004, 07:33 AM
That's why I say go to an autoparts store and buy the kit. It's cheap and easy. I just don't put much faith in the plastic tubing crap. That's why I go with copper tubing.
I ended up getting it and bending it.... very easy to do escally if it comes in a little wound up circle of it. The kit i got from checkers only gave me 6 feet which to some is to little. Anyway the car is gone now but thanks for all the input. I ended up leaving it off for him.

MATCHBX
01-10-2004, 01:16 AM
How much was it? I need to get a kit for Terina's car now that we finally got her boost guage.