2003eclipse
10-19-2003, 07:51 PM
well who has done it?
swap a 4g63 turbo into a non turbo talon

went to the junk yard got ic pipping and
turbo mass air flow sensor
ecu
i was noticing some vaccum lines were not on the non turbo motor
but they are there on the turbo motor what can be capped off and what has to be hooked up?

i am helping him because he doesn't know the motor or car yet. he still knows 50 times more the kiel but...

who is interested in helping? wouldn't be for a couple of weeks but someone with the knowledge or jet or nash would be wonderful. :3gears:

niterydr
10-19-2003, 09:21 PM
ahh....i've fixed 2 botched non-turbo to turbo motor swap jobs. It is not an easy task, and not for the faint of heart.
you'll need, assuming is a dohc 2.0L n/t to turbo:
longblock
ecu
wiring harness
vacumm harness
turbo
ic system
exhaust system
manifolds
possibly tranny (not sure, i think the n/t is different by a margain)
not to mention:
driveline upgrades (clutches are different)
anything else for upgrades
a fully functional garage (tools, supplies, hoists, etc)
deep pockets :blah:
good luck.
p.s.
alot of the 'vacumm' lines can be capped off, but that would be removing emissions and therefore illegal :rolleyes:
try to be a little more specific on your posts, like what exactly are you looking for help in? the actual motor swap? etc...

Jakey
10-19-2003, 10:02 PM
Well it looks like this guy could hook you up with a lot of what you need and he's not real far away: http://www.gopartstrader.com/cgi-bin/suite...n=$session (http://www.gopartstrader.com/cgi-bin/suite/classifieds/classifieds.cgi?request=detail&id=134059&category_id=112&sub_id=1067&variable_file=merchandise.variables&group=1&set=1&position=12&total_count=2608&website=default&prev_action=display_sub_list&session=$session)

Kracka
10-19-2003, 10:13 PM
You will deffinately need new axles and a new tranny, plus all the tranny components (flywheels, clutch, etc.). Just buy a turbo 1G, 10x easier and cheaper. Even if the NT was free, it would still just be cheaper to buy a turbo 1G than trying to collect all the pieces plus paying for the labor costs.

Jakey
10-19-2003, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by TalonTSiDude@Oct 19 2003, 09:13 PM
You will deffinately need new axles and a new tranny, plus all the tranny components (flywheels, clutch, etc.). Just buy a turbo 1G, 10x easier and cheaper. Even if the NT was free, it would still just be cheaper to buy a turbo 1G than trying to collect all the pieces plus paying for the labor costs.
I have been in contact with a gentleman in Southwest Iowa (Fort Madison Area) who has a '90 GSX that he wants 50 bucks for that has a trashed interior and pretty trashed exterior. I believe it is missing the turbo, sidemount, cams, and a few other misc. things. I do not know what kind of condition the engine is in, all he said was that it is blown. The 50 bucks does not include wheels though, for 200 bucks you get a set of wheels that he wants 200 bucks for (polished aluminum) and the car comes with for free. If you are serious about this I will give you his contact information. The reason I say serious is because he wants to get rid of the car fairly quickly.

2003eclipse
10-20-2003, 09:10 AM
the tranny fits. we have the ecu, but is the harness differnt for the ecu?
there is a junk yard in somerset with some many 1gs i cant count.
but to me not much seemed different but the vaccum lines. it would just be nice for a couple dsmers to come out and help i guess. i put about 5 hours into the project yesterday things we going good for a while.

Kracka
10-20-2003, 10:18 AM
The internals on NT trannies are much weaker than turbo-trannies, have fun when it explodes :)

2003eclipse
10-20-2003, 05:25 PM
this is just for a winter car he will not be racing it. hes a farm boy he is more into tractor pulls

Shane@DBPerformance
10-20-2003, 05:28 PM
Then leave it NA.

Super Bleeder!!
10-20-2003, 05:59 PM
i thought the NT motors faced the opposite way?

no that can't be, its still a 4g63 in the 1gs right?