PDA

View Full Version : Speech homework

Pages : [1] 2

john
10-19-2003, 03:47 PM
I have to have an informative speech ready for tomorrow. I cannot think of a topic. I wanted to do it on a minor tune up on a car but I cannot video tape as my battery is dead and I cannot find the charger. Please help.

Jakey
10-19-2003, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by 92tsiawd84@Oct 19 2003, 02:47 PM
I have to have an informative speech ready for tomorrow. I cannot think of a topic. I wanted to do it on a minor tune up on a car but I cannot video tape as my battery is dead and I cannot find the charger. Please help.
What are the guidelines for your speech?

john
10-19-2003, 03:52 PM
4-6 minutes, any topic you want. It is just too broad for me. I cannot seem to think strait.

AJ
10-19-2003, 03:57 PM
lesbians! You get an A!

Jakey
10-19-2003, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by 92tsiawd84@Oct 19 2003, 02:52 PM
4-6 minutes, any topic you want.* It is just too broad for me.* I cannot seem to think strait.
I would suggest an informative speech about the history of the DSM: what DSM stands for, how the business relationship between Mittsubishi and Dodge evolved to form DSM, which cars are DSMs, why DSMs have become so popular, where people can find information about DSMs......etc. You can find the history of DSMs around the internet, you know which cars are DSMs, why DSMs are becoming so popular is fairly self explanatory to people who are around them, and where to find information about DSMs: dsmstyle.com, dsmtuners.com, dsmtimes.org, dsm.org, dsmtalk.com, vfaq.com, teamnabr.com, dsmlife.com.........etc. You could also point out that one of the fastest DSMs is based out of the Twin Cities area with Osofast Racing along with mentioning some of the other top DSMs: John Shephard, David Buschur, Marco Passante, Curt Brown, along with our own Allan Dahlen holding the 1/4 mile record for the stock 2G Turbo setup. If possible you could burn a CD with a couple DSM videos on it such as one of Shephard's latest runs and show as a visual aid. Speaking of visual aids I would highly recommend putting together some sort of picture display to go along with your speech. Just make sure that your visual displays are only available for the audience to see when you want them to see the display(s). You do not want the audience to be concentrating on the visual display(s) when you are trying to present information. I would also bring into play that not owning a DSM does not mean you can not be interested in them. Look at me, I've got a pile of parts sitting here but I have yet to actually own a DSM.
.....Hope that helps..... :idea:

john
10-19-2003, 04:08 PM
Thanks Jakey, I will think about it. I dont know about the lesbians though... I would research all night because I am too interested.

Jakey
10-19-2003, 04:09 PM
Glad to help!

AJ
10-19-2003, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Jakey+Oct 19 2003, 03:04 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jakey @ Oct 19 2003, 03:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-92tsiawd84@Oct 19 2003, 02:52 PM
4-6 minutes, any topic you want.* It is just too broad for me.* I cannot seem to think strait.
I would suggest an informative speech about the history of the DSM: what DSM stands for, how the business relationship between Mittsubishi and Dodge evolved to form DSM, which cars are DSMs, why DSMs have become so popular, where people can find information about DSMs......etc. You can find the history of DSMs around the internet, you know which cars are DSMs, why DSMs are becoming so popular is fairly self explanatory to people who are around them, and where to find information about DSMs: dsmstyle.com, dsmtuners.com, dsmtimes.org, dsm.org, dsmtalk.com, vfaq.com, teamnabr.com, dsmlife.com.........etc. You could also point out that one of the fastest DSMs is based out of the Twin Cities area with Osofast Racing along with mentioning some of the other top DSMs: John Shephard, David Buschur, Marco Passante, Curt Brown, along with our own Allan Dahlen holding the 1/4 mile record for the stock 2G Turbo setup. If possible you could burn a CD with a couple DSM videos on it such as one of Shephard's latest runs and show as a visual aid. Speaking of visual aids I would highly recommend putting together some sort of picture display to go along with your speech. Just make sure that your visual displays are only available for the audience to see when you want them to see the display(s). You do not want the audience to be concentrating on the visual display(s) when you are trying to present information. I would also bring into play that not owning a DSM does not mean you can not be interested in them. Look at me, I've got a pile of parts sitting here but I have yet to actually own a DSM.
.....Hope that helps..... :idea: [/b][/quote]
I no longer hold the t25 record. that was busted a while ago. it's now at 13.29 or better.

BuildADSM
10-19-2003, 05:32 PM
I took a speach class last year and we had to do the same thing but we had to pick a topic for the class to use. Some of the most popular were: weponds of mass desturction (i think), death penatly (the one we did), and other things like driving age and suff like that. I the death penatly was good to get alot of info on but I don't think you could do it all in one night. I would go with dsm like jake said.

Jakey
10-19-2003, 05:41 PM
John you'll have to let us know how the speech turns out.